Day 3 of No TV on the Regal

Todd320

We just came back from the Regal. Great weather and ocean was like glass. Fantastic entertainment (except for Sweet Soul Music which wasn't) and the assistant cruise directors were a lot of fun.

We didn't have TV for about two days....couldn't get one evening and then another day and a half. We received $50 USD per person shipboard credit which we thought very generous. Heard lots of complaints...one man near us at breakfast was complaining about lining up for an hour to complain. Guess the TV was important to him...there were a few seas days towards the end of the cruise.

And...I searched high and low for Love Boat on the TV and couldn't find it....love seeing the "old" stars.

David Travels

The company behind Voom is putting up more satellites in end of 2018 that are not already booked by RCCL so its possible Princess could get in on that.

Even just adding a few more channels will help.

It would be great if Princess could get internet like RCCL. We used them last April in New Zealand and I could do anything I wanted, even Netflix. And, I got it during a 30% off sale.

Probably won't happen, but it's nice to dream...

Sounds like another good reason not to be first among the Medallion cruisers and in this case even before they've begun.

We always have a backup of movies to play in case they're selection isn't great.

"a backup of movies" - Is there a DVD player so we can watch our own movies on DVDs?

"a backup of movies" - Is there a DVD player so we can watch our own movies on DVDs?

Only in the full suites do they have DVD players, otherwise I either watch them on my tablet, phone or feed them into the cabin TV. (which on the Regal & Royal can be done with some trouble as the TV's are mounted very tight to the wall)

All the older ships with the exception of the Sapphire can be accessed very easily.

Theoretically I could play a DVD from the laptop I take with me. This would most likely be some sort of social thing, where the group I'm with would choose the movie. (DW and I love to share comedy DVDs this way) I was sort of shocked that the low-priced laptop came with a DVD player in 2017. Maybe I should test this out.