Cancelling pre purchased Cheers

cfr70

I bought Cheers with two $100 Carnival Gift cards ($29 with credit card) and after heavy weighing, decided that i'd be better off having that $229 as onboard credit to spend as I wish.

I went into my Cruise Manager, clicked "Edit Order" and then it took me to a red button to click that said "Cancel Order." Did that and then Cheers disappeared and the $229 figure instantly went to zero.

Now...does the money go right back onto the E-Gift Cards? I still have my e mail for both Gift Cards with the number and PIN, but there's no way to check the balance to ensure it went back to it. IS there a place to go to enter the numbers to check? I hope I didn't just throw all that money into the abyss...

I bought Cheers with two $100 Carnival Gift cards ($29 with credit card) and after heavy weighing, decided that i'd be better off having that $229 as onboard credit to spend as I wish.

I went into my Cruise Manager, clicked "Edit Order" and then it took me to a red button to click that said "Cancel Order." Did that and then Cheers disappeared and the $229 figure instantly went to zero.

Now...does the money go right back onto the E-Gift Cards? I still have my e mail for both Gift Cards with the number and PIN, but there's no way to check the balance to ensure it went back to it. IS there a place to go to enter the numbers to check? I hope I didn't just throw all that money into the abyss...

You will receive new gift cards. Hopefully you will receive them before your cruise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You will receive new gift cards. Hopefully you will receive them before your cruise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ah, I see thanks. I found where you can check the original e cards by number and PIN on Carnival website and when it said they were invalid I kinda freaked lol. Hopefully they send it as another e card before 12/3 so I can apply it all to OBC. Will keep fingers crossed and pray.

You will get a gift card or two mailed to you. Mine arrived via fedex. It took approximately 2 weeks to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's perfect as I have 4 weeks till the sailing. It's just weird that after clicking "Cancel Order", Carnival gives absolutely no confirmation of it through e mail or in your Cruise Manager. That's why I was like "Oh no, what did I do?!"

When the new card comes I can just bring it to Guest Services during sailing and have it all loaded as OBC?

That's perfect as I have 4 weeks till the sailing. It's just weird that after clicking "Cancel Order", Carnival gives absolutely no confirmation of it through e mail or in your Cruise Manager. That's why I was like "Oh no, what did I do?!"

When the new card comes I can just bring it to Guest Services during sailing and have it all loaded as OBC?

That’s what we did on our last cruise. We tried loading them at the kiosk but it wouldn’t work. Took about 3 minutes at guest services to load six gift cards on our account.

Have fun!

That’s what we did on our last cruise. We tried loading them at the kiosk but it wouldn’t work. Took about 3 minutes at guest services to load six gift cards on our account.

Have fun!

Thanks. :)

• 3 months later...

cfr70 - How did this work out for you? I am thinking about canceling my Cheers and I also used gift cards when I purchased it.

cfr70 - How did this work out for you? I am thinking about canceling my Cheers and I also used gift cards when I purchased it.

twetty27, it worked out great. I received physical gift cards in the mail within a few days via Fed Ex and used them to pre purchase the in room vodka bottle and used the rest on Cruise Cash and Fun Shop orders. Experienced absolutely no issues and the cards arrived quickly in the mail.

Nothing against Cheers, but for me personally I found out on that sailing that it was far more cost effective for me to get the in room bottle....of which I still had half left at the end of my 4 day sailing and brought home with me, so Cheers definitely wouldn't have been worth it for me and I saved about $120.

twetty27, it worked out great. I received physical gift cards in the mail within a few days via Fed Ex and used them to pre purchase the in room vodka bottle and used the rest on Cruise Cash and Fun Shop orders. Experienced absolutely no issues and the cards arrived quickly in the mail.

Nothing against Cheers, but for me personally I found out on that sailing that it was far more cost effective for me to get the in room bottle....of which I still had half left at the end of my 4 day sailing and brought home with me, so Cheers definitely wouldn't have been worth it for me and I saved about $120.

Thanks!

The problem with getting a bottle of vodka delivered to your room is that you are taking a rifle approach to drinking and you're stuck with vodka/water, vodka/lemonade, vodka/iced tea or vodka/oj from breakfast buffet. You take the shotgun approach with the Cheers program and open yourself up to a plethora of choices. On a 4 day sailing, Cheers is an even better value because it's cheaper than a 7 or 8 day sailing and with a 4 day cruise you don't have to pace yourself like you need to do on a longer cruise.

In the end, it was more cost effective for you, but you probably would have enjoyed yourself more socializing at the bars and enjoying a variety of drinks instead of having to mix your own in your cabin and carry around a Yeti mug.