Where can a group meet at Port Everglades b4 cruise?

crunchberry

Didn't know where to post this. We have 14 people going on the Westerdam 18th of Dec cruise and just realizing due to ticketing - we need to meet up before embarkation.

Anyone been to Hollands embarkation center in Fort Lauderdale? Any place that we can meet? I just remember that most embarkation places are a madhouse and trying to find people could be difficult.

Any help appreciated.

Why do you need to meet? If everyone at least has a copy of their ticket, pier check in agents should be able to have anyone fill out any missing forms and complete the check in. Just use the post office or a fax machine. Just make sure each person is carrying their own passport and credit card.

Do you have to meet up ahead of time for some reason? If you just want to make sure your group gets together, why not pick a place aboard the ship to meet?

As far as your question goes, yes, you could meet at embarkation. Picture a big open warehouse area. North is the top. To the southeast is where you enter. The check-in area is to the right or east side of the big warehouse. You could tell your party to check in and meet in the central west to northwest corner of the building before going through security to actually embark.

Have a great cruise.

Pooh

Two years ago my mother-in-law and my daughter were sharing a cabin on a cruise, and we tried to set it up so that we (my husband, my daughter and I) could check in separately from my mother-in-law because we weren't travelling together before the cruise. We were told that it was not possible if the cruise ticket had both their names on it. It was a little like the old passports that allowed both a husband and wife to use the same passport -- they had to board together.

We were told that if, in the future, we requested separate tickets well before final doc issuance that they would be issued that way and then there wouldn't be any problem. Now we know.

Cheers,

Barb K.

Archived