Fjord & Baltic cruise on Serenade of the Seas - tenders?

swedie

Good morning all,

We have booked a Serenade of the Seas b2b Norwegian Fjords including calls at Honningsvag and Tromso and Baltic cruise for next June. The Serenade OTS itinerary shows that we are docked at all of the ports. Is this truly docked at all of the ports? No use of tenders?

I'm led to confusion as it does seem all ships use a tender in Geiranger (and all photos seem to show this. I have read that Geiranger does have a floating dock, however most ships do not use it as it is quite expensive.

Any definitive insight would help, as I would like to book private tours and tendering could definitely hinder getting off of the ship quickly.

Thanking everyone on these boards for all the useful information I find here! I even find answers to questions I didn't know I had.

Good morning all,

We have booked a Serenade of the Seas b2b Norwegian Fjords including calls at Honningsvag and Tromso and Baltic cruise for next June. The Serenade OTS itinerary shows that we are docked at all of the ports. Is this truly docked at all of the ports? No use of tenders?

I'm led to confusion as it does seem all ships use a tender in Geiranger (and all photos seem to show this. I have read that Geiranger does have a floating dock, however most ships do not use it as it is quite expensive.

Any definitive insight would help, as I would like to book private tours and tendering could definitely hinder getting off of the ship quickly.

Thanking everyone on these boards for all the useful information I find here! I even find answers to questions I didn't know I had.

Looking at the Geiranger port schedule, it appears that the Serenade will not use the seawalk - it will tender. You can download and view the 2018 schedule here:

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls

You will also tender in Honningsvag: http://www.nordkapphavn.no/

You could dock or tender in Flam depending on how busy the port. Schedule here: http://aurlandhavn.no/cruise-2/

Edited by dogs4fun

Forgot to add...

You really should check where you ship will dock in each city on your itinerary because many of your port stops utilize multiple piers. This will impact where you will meet your private guides.

Looks like a great cruise itinerary - enjoy!

Looking at the Geiranger port schedule, it appears that the Serenade will not use the seawalk - it will tender. You can download and view the 2018 schedule here:

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls

You will also tender in Honningsvag: http://www.nordkapphavn.no/

You could dock or tender in Flam depending on how busy the port. Schedule here: http://aurlandhavn.no/cruise-2/

Forgot to add...

You really should check where you ship will dock in each city on your itinerary because many of your port stops utilize multiple piers. This will impact where you will meet your private guides.

Looks like a great cruise itinerary - enjoy!

Thank you dogs4fun for your super speedy reply!

I was afraid of Geiranger being a tender port, however we do have enough time to reach our 9:00am tour with the ship "docking (RCCI's terminology)" @ 7:00am. I believe this will give us enough time, as we are usually amongst the first off at ports. I will look into "tender tickets" etc once onboard.

I looked at Flam and it shows we are at a "kai", which I believe is a pier, vs ankar which I believe is tender. This port will be tight for our 11am tour being it is docking @ 10:30am (most of the people will be up and ready to go ashore at that time!) I hope they do not change the status of this!

Honningsvag is all Norwegian, I cannot find a translation button on the website you shared. I tried the different listings, however, I could not find anything that had "Serenade of the Seas" within the different categories.

I want to get on with the planning...I really wish RCCI was more forthcoming with where their ships dock/tender. "Docked" is not enough when trying to plan your time in each of the ports.

I have tried numerous websites for the different ports...some better than others (some even helped me find tours that we are interested in...a big plus). We are also doing the Baltic/Scandinavian cruise that follows the Fjords cruise. We are travelling with 2 other couples, that we have vacationed with numerous times and we work very well together. All of this will be an amazing experience!!

Thank you again dogs4fun! Should you/or anyone care to share any other port docking/tender information...it would be so appeciated.

Honningsvag is all Norwegian, I cannot find a translation button on the website you shared. I tried the different listings, however, I could not find anything that had "Serenade of the Seas" within the different categories.

I checked the Honningsvag site (yes, sorry - it is in Norwegian but one can find the 2018 schedule by clicking on Anlopslister (harbor list) and then scrolling down to Cruiseanlop 2018) and it appears that you are in luck. The Serenade (June 8) does not tender but, rather, it docks at Berth Nord.

FYI: None of your Baltic ports are tendered. :)

You are correct re: Flam. So, it appears that your only tendered port will be Geiranger.

I checked the Honningsvag site (yes, sorry - it is in Norwegian but one can find the 2018 schedule by clicking on Anlopslister (harbor list) and then scrolling down to Cruiseanlop 2018) and it appears that you are in luck. The Serenade (June 8) does not tender but, rather, it docks at Berth Nord.

FYI: None of your Baltic ports are tendered. :)

You are correct re: Flam. So, it appears that your only tendered port will be Geiranger.

You are an absolute blessing! Right now I have about 15 tabs open under different websites/different ports! Thank you so so so so much!

I can now go and enjoy the day here! (research to be continued this evening).

I really cannot thank you enough!

You won't need to know which quay you're docking at, because your guide will find you. And they'll also know the problems of getting off the ship at a tender port, so if you are unexpectedly delayed, they'll wait.

Thank you. Some of the tours we have booked...they ask to meet at the Tourist Offices...I would hope they would wait, especially since there are 6 of us! I am bringing contact info for any tour that we book - this way we can give an ETA if we are running late and/or cannot find them.