shopping near Boston Cruise terminal

Tillie43

We will be flying to Boston for our September, 2018 cruise and i want to know if there is any place within walking distance of the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal where I could purchase wine or water to take on board the Serenade? if not, would I be able to purchase a bottle or two at our first port (Portland)? I see there are transport bags for wine that is supposed to protect the bottles in luggage? Any experience with these (good or bad)?

From my recall the port is in an industrial area, we walked quite a way before encountering any shops. I suggest you post on the East Coast departures board to se if there is a shop between the airport and port and have your taxi stop there- we usually handle it that way. According to the rules you can carry on at embarkation port, at Portland it will be taken until the end of the cruise.

Nothing within walking distance of the Black Falcon pier. There is a farmers market near at 100 Hanover Street with a MA wine shop that does tastings and sells local wines. Some are very good.

There is a wine shop just up Commercial street in Portland and a couple of tasting rooms also selling local wines and spirits. Not sure if they will let take anything to your room from Portland. I bought a six pack of ginger beer since Royal did not have any on board and we had half of security trying to figure out if it was allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums