Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami Tranfers?

yogimax

We are a party of 8 and are dealing with the same transportation issue. There are lots of recommendations posted...you can do a search for them. But I have checked out a few myself. The CHEAPEST is to take public transportation. I am talking CHEAP, like $7 or $8 one-way. You can call the Broward County Transit(954) 357-8400, and they will guide you thru a route and even email it to you. (I got 4 different options from them, but they did involve 2 transfers...depends how adventurous you are.) I also was referred by the concierge (Hector) at the Courtyard For Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port to call Tony Transportation (954)554-0905. I was quoted $15pp one-way or $25pp round-trip. These are the least expensive options I have seen. Good luck!

TriCounty Limo (www.floridalimo.com) runs a van service from Fort Lauderdale airport to Miami which I believe is $15 per person. The only downside is that the van may make several stops on the way. The easiest thing to do is to take a taxi that will cost about $65. Just grab you bags, get in the taxi and be on your way.

We used the rideshare thing (I think it was tri-county) in 2002. Do they really still cost only $15/person? It worked out great and I wanted to check and make sure it was still available. They put us in a nice town car with one other woman and we were the first stop.

I'd take that over a taxi any day. We had to wait 30 minutes before they assigned us a car, but the service was very professional and reliable.

We flew into FL in November for a cruise on Explorer of the Seas. I learned that we could only use the cruise line transfer on the day before the cruise if I bought my air through RCL. The day of the cruise you can use them, but not the day before. I thought that was kind of dumb since we were also staying at one of their hotels and using them for the shuttle to the ship.Anyways, when I checked I was informed the the cab fare was $76. I did a little research and ended up booking a limo with "Ambassador Limousine". The driver met us in the baggage area and delivered us to our hotel in Miami Beach. Very nice after a long day in airports. Also a nice way to start the holiday. I booked them on the net at http://www.myambassadorlimo.com and it cost $85 which included the gratuity. Well worth it I thought. I'll use them again next year.

Archived