Laundry bag

nfldpenguin

Little off topic, but I was wondering does anyone know if all the clothes are washed and dried on hot or can you request a lower setting? Always been to nervous about things being shrunk to send to the ship laundry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time laundering of NEW clothes can be a problem !

Read the manufacturers instructions on the label.

Don't mix colors and whites !

Don't put stained clothing in the dryer until the stain is removed - put into a dryer the color stain may be set.

After that first time the clothing colors and size should be ok to mix and match but to be sure it is suggested

to launder NEW clothing twice before using someone else's laundry service - play it safe !

Recommend that you have a controlled wash (your own) of NEW clothing - not something that NCL is

responsible for.

For more details about ask ?s during the BST tour of the laundry ask how these situations are handled ?

So that clothing you purchased in the ship's Gift Shop or from a vendor on a Shore Excursion take care !

Regarding drying time - plan ahead - put the clothing in between towels for a spell and then use the hair dryer

and wand it several times over the garment not spending a great deal of time in one spot maybe stretching the

limits out of the spandex polyester or other space age fabric. Ask your cabin attendant for an iron and ironing board.

The drying time can be rapidly accelerated by using the iron.

• 3 months later...
Is the laundry special of $20/laundry bag available on the Dawn 7 day cruises?

If so, is it usually available on day 3 of the cruise?

YES !

Usually the hump day of the cruise which would be day number 4.

It may vary check with your cabin steward or Guest Services for exact details.

The ship's newspaper "Daily" will have details the night before the bag laundry deal.

Locate the laundry inventory slip and bag in a closet in your cabin - not there contact

the cabin steward.

You inventory the laundry with the slip provided in the cabin (closet w/hangers) and bag it up

put the slip in the bag and place it on the bed or near the cabin door for the cabin steward to

pickup - laundry done and is usually back after lunch the next day in a neat wicker basket other

items on hanger.

If Platinum you get one free laundry any time - best done not at the same time as the $20 bag deal.

Service maybe same day back after 4pm - it was for me maybe cause I was in a suite.

For the complete Laundry story - suggest taking the Back Scenes Tour ($80 pp) and see the

ships laundry - back stage of the theatre - the galley between the two MDRs and the I95 main

crew corridor below the passenger decks - sorry no Bridge tours anymore.