How do I contact David and Ivan?

nanaride

Here it is, as listed in the long posting below:

http://www.chacchobenruins.com/wst_page3.html.

Don't know when you are planning, but we also leave on 12/17 and are confirmed for his tour when we arrive on the Glory. I know his tours for this day are full and some of my fellow shipmates are already on stand-by, but its worth submitting your request. Wishing you good luck.:)

Believe it or not, Ivan does not have a computer. So it may take him 2, 3 or even 4 days to reply to you on availability. His direct email is info@chacchobenruins.com. On our trip, since he had overwhelming requests, he doubled his normal group size of 10. Not a problem, that made it around 18 of us in 2 hired taxi vans. He hired an American who moved to Costa Maya, Paul, to ride with the our group. Soooo much nicer than with a busload of over 100 and aimlessly wondering around the grounds not knowing what you're looking at.

We took his tour last week, and it was fabulous. He's Mayan, and knows his stuff. I overhead another group's guide talking about two of the ruins and because she just did not really know the history, she gave them completely incorrect information. Ivan said that is common with guides found hanging around outside the pier. He can answer any question. A lot of history there and nothing like other ruins, like Tulum. (Keep an eye out for genuine pottery pieces still lying all about the grounds.)

Also, it may seem a little confusing getting to his place since he has no office. He meets his groups from the Cat's Meow Restaurant & Bar, first location in the Mahahual Village, there's an Native's Choice sign out front (not to be confused with the shopping village at the pier). We hitched a 5-minute, $3 bus ride with a diving group. He, David, or Paul will be looking for you if you made a reservation.

Archived