Cocktails

xvi

"Boaty McBoat-Face" Most servers will know how to make it. Not sure if it's a common cruise drink on other lines, but I've only ever had it on NCL. It's amazing!

Amazing lol. Best drink name. :')

What’s in it?

"Boaty McBoat-Face" Most servers will know how to make it. Not sure if it's a common cruise drink on other lines, but I've only ever had it on NCL. It's amazing!

And herein lies the problem with drinks found only on cruise lines. The "boaty mcboatface" is basically a classic Aviation to which someone has added a few dashes of orange bitters. Kind of a shame to rip off a classic. The good news is that, if NCL is actually making the modified Aviation, they have creme de violette!

By the way, I think "boaty mcboatface" is the name of an actual ice breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When it comes to booze, "good cheap" is unrealistic.

A cruise ship "margarita" made with Jose Cuervo, triple sec and citrus mixer is swill, at best. Even if your package charges extra, get a real Margarita (the classic made famous at Tommy's in SF): El Tesoro reposado tequila, fresh lime juice and agave syrup (yes, there's no Cointreau or any other orange type liquor in a real Margarita). And never put it in a blender!

What are you talking about? LOL... the ONLY way to drink a Marg is frozen, in a blender!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hmmm

By the way, I think "boaty mcboatface" is the name of an actual ice breaker.

Here is the derivation of the name:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_valley/2016/03/25/boaty_mcboatface_mcdreamy_tits_mcgee_and_the_internet_s_favorite_naming.html

In the end the name was given to the remote operated submersible.

We are proud to announce that the selected name of the new £200m Pound Polar Research Ship, launching in 2019 is the RRS Sir David Attenborough. It is a fitting tribute to a man who has done so much to explain the wonders of the natural world to all of us. The name Boaty McBoatface will live on as the name of the ship's high-tech remotely operated sub-sea vehicle. We'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who suggested names, shared tweets and got involved with the #NameOurShip campaign.