Getaway- Western Carib Just came back, can try to help to answer any questions

Cindyscruising

How was Harvest Caye? Was the beach nice and water clear or murky? We will be there next week for Thanksgiving on the Pearl and I'm most worried that we will be disappointed in Harvest Caye.

The water was fairly clear, no seaweed or debris, although not the gorgeous turquoise blue color that you find say at Megan's Bay Beach in St Thomas. We had a teenager in our group and she didn't like the way the bottom of the water felt; she compared it to feeling like she was in a lake! I had brought water shoes so I just put those on when I went in the ocean and it was fine for me.

Harvest Caye was our favorite port!

At about what time was this going on? We are leaving in 5 days for our cruise, and we have a later flight out of FLL (4:30). We got the NCL transfer to FLL so we aren't in a rush. Can we loiter somewhere? or do they make people get in the snaky line?

I got in line at 9 AM, there were later times. There are a lot of places to wait.

Does anyone here know if the Burn the Floor cast still does a small show in the Tropicana room? If so, which night?

We were on Getaway several years ago and would love to see it again! I believe it was a 50's style show.

Thanks for any information!

At about what time was this going on? We are leaving in 5 days for our cruise, and we have a later flight out of FLL (4:30). We got the NCL transfer to FLL so we aren't in a rush. Can we loiter somewhere? or do they make people get in the snaky line?

If you are traveling on Southwest there is a brand new terminal that is very nice. Each seat has its own charging port and there also is a very spacious area with work stations, tables and it has tons of natural skylights/windows as well. It is after you go through security.

Another thought also..I am not sure how early you can check your bags at FLL but perhaps you can do the baggage check in and then take an uber to get some lunch. There are several restaurants fairly close to the airport.

What time was the first group able to debark doing self-assist when you got back to Miami?

Toying with the 10am vs. noon flight. Last time in Miami we were at the airport at 8 for a noon flight . . .

I believe it was 7:30/7:40am for the first walk off self assist group. The TSA lines at FLL were over an hour wait from start to finish; I am not sure if MIA is just as bad?. I was told by a TSA agent that this is common every Saturday and Sunday due to heavy cruise ship passenger traffic so I would allow plenty of time at the airport.

Does anyone here know if the Burn the Floor cast still does a small show in the Tropicana room? If so, which night?

We were on Getaway several years ago and would love to see it again! I believe it was a 50's style show.

Thanks for any information!

The last night of the cruise the farewell show includes some members from Burn the Floor but I don't remember seeing or hearing anything indicating they were performing at Tropicana Room

Hello, You said you leave on deck 7. Is there a certain place. I have an earlier flight so want to be early in line and just wondered exactly where they start the line up.

Thanks for the info!

The line started in O'Sheehans. They unload from the aft and forward.

What time was the first group able to debark doing self-assist when you got back to Miami?

Toying with the 10am vs. noon flight. Last time in Miami we were at the airport at 8 for a noon flight . . .

From what they put in our rooms, 7:45 starts the self assist.

At FLL I was told that every time they have the TSA dogs sniffing the passengers it takes longer. After going past the dog, it took about 2 seconds to walk past it. So I doubt the dog had much to do with the lines. I have cruised out of FLL lots of times & never saw it that bad. There were a bunch of large ships between the 2 ports.

We would love to hear your review of the ports. This is our first cruise with Norwegian and Im wondering about shore excursions. Is it better to book them ourselves?

Do you know anything about upgrading your suite too? We're in a mini suite on deck 11.

Thanks so much!

Rei

Just got off the Getaway yesterday after sailing the Western Caribbean itinerary.The ship was in the Baltics for a while and this was the 2nd Western Caribbean sailing this season so if anyone has any questions regarding the ship or the Ports I can try to help

I will be doing a detailed review in the next week or so; on the ship and the Ports we visited but can try to answer if someone has something in particular they were interested in knowing sooner.

We stopped at: Roatan, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya and Cozumel

How do you bid for an upgrade? Obviously new to this :-)

REI

NCL sent me an e-mail offering me 2 options, I could bid for an oceanview room or a balcony. I put a bid of $100.00 on each. Fortunately for me the accepted my bid for the balcony. The process was very easy to do. I didn't think that I would have a chance.