Will you get a white Christmas before your next cruise?

I'm not going to bet on it yet, but the chances of a white Christmas in the Cleveland area looks really high. I just moved another 6 inches of fluffy white snow off the walks and the driveway. The neighborhood looks so incredibly pretty with all the snow accenting the houses lit up by Christmas lights. My DD and I love it. The dog is not so impressed. Picture Toto in a plaid coat bounding through snow that's chin high ... and trying to figure out where she can take care of personal issues.

In 15 weeks, I'll have left all this cold behind and I'll be at the Captain's welcome aboard dinner! That's what is keeping me going!

I hope we will, but I'm not counting on it. We just moved from CA (where we never had a white Christmas) to NC. We're right next to the ICW, so we probably won't get very much if we get any at all. From what I've heard from my neighbors, it snows just enough to mess things up- schools closed and drivers not used to driving in it. It snowed once in 1974 when I was living in San Jose, CA. Just enough for my brother and I to make a few snowballs and throw them at each other!

Snow snow snow....I don't understand how you love it! :p We got about 8-10 inches dumped in the Indy area last Thursday and I guess are expecting more. We will have a white Christmas definitely...but just a few days later I'll have a VERY sunny Belated New Years present! (We're leaving January 2nd) Can't wait to leave the snow!!

Snow snow snow....I don't understand how you love it! :p We got about 8-10 inches dumped in the Indy area last Thursday and I guess are expecting more. We will have a white Christmas definitely...but just a few days later I'll have a VERY sunny Belated New Years present! (We're leaving January 2nd) Can't wait to leave the snow!!

I'm with you! Don't care much for it! :) We're still dealing with the 9 inches or so that fell here in Fort Wayne. Looking forward to Christmas on the Grandeur - let it be white here........it'll be warm where we're going!

Oh we are going to have a white Christmas this year! Lots of snow very early in the season. I think the last time we had this much snow prior to Christmas was when I was a child in 1978! I live on Lake Michigan & we keep getting the dumped on due to the warmer Lake water & colder air.........aks Lake Effect Snow!!!

Happy Holidays!

Sue

We live on Lake St. Clair. No big dumping so far,,just the daily clog the road stuff. We do love a White Christmas but on December 26th......please, please please..... TAKE IT ALLLLLL AWAY.

I personally enjoyed our snow. :D Okay...We can have all of the snow Indiana wants for Christmas as long as it is NOT on the 22nd. We fly out for our cruise that day. So...our Christmas will be warm, white, sandy beaches.

Can't help it ... I still love the snow. I especially love the fluffly snow, when the wind doesn't blow (which is what we're still getting this evening).

I can't handle the bitter cold, though anymore. Once it drops below 20, I just want to peek out at it from time to time -- and then return to sit by the fireplace.

And it does tend to add an extra delight to a cruise if you've had the pleasure of leaving the cold behind to fly to the Carribean to cruise!

Also from Ohio, but the Midwest part... We have about 4 right now, but I live in the country so there's a considerable amount of drifting...

I'll take 4 or 5 feet of snow over the seriously damaging 2 inches of solid ice we had last year :eek: .

The weatherman is calling for freezing rain and slush later this week... joy joy joy...

I think it's time to book another cruise.

Weird winter so far - had about 8" of snow and cold weather (-20F) for a week and a half, then last week we had a "heat wave" and experienced 43F temp and rain. Now we have zero snow and aren't sure if we'll even have any for Christmas! Who said there wasn't any global warming???

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Well since Christmas comes after my next cruise, I don't think I'll be experiencing a white christmas BEFORE my next cruise:D, especially since it's supposed to be in the 50s here all week. I wouldn't mind if it started snowing on the 24th though (let's me get home from the cruise on the 23rd to enjoy it). I personally LOVE snow but we don't get very much of it here, maybe once a year. We did have snow on the ground last Christmas and it was beautiful.

Yes we will have a white Christmas in good old Minnesota. More is suppose to hit in the next three days, and i hate it. We have to travel to South Dakota for the holidays and going across the state can be very bad. My children will be going out also so I will have to worry that they make it safe. The only good thing these days is the cell phones and they can call for help if they need it. It wasn't like that when they were young and we had them in the car. One year it took us 14 hours to drive the 400 miles home, and the kids were pretty young. I look back now and can't believe we were that dumb, but we made it.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Justwaiting

March 4th can't come soon enough!!!:)

Yes we will have a white Christmas in good old Minnesota. More is suppose to hit in the next three days, and i hate it.

You spelled Minnesota wrong. It is Minnesnowta!

I picked a January cruise to get out of the cold weather so hopefully it doesn't snow the day I have to catch my flight.

You can bet Houston will not have a white Christmas this year. The only 2 times I have gone on a cruise out of San Juan during Christmas (1988 and last year), it has snowed in Houston on Christmas or Christmas Eve. Since I am going from Galveston, there will be no snow.

I think the people of Houston should send me on a cruise from San Juan every year if they want a white Christmas.:D

I'm from Canada. When I lived in Hamilton and Toronto it was 50/50 chance. Now it is 100% chance here in Manitoba. Snow, snow, snow, I can't wait to wash my face..... (from White Christmas with Bing Crosby) Oh I leave the 13th of Jan to get out of it for a little while.

and covered well by snow with a threat of more over the next 3 days! I am in south east MN we seem to be nailed time after time?? I am leaving at the end of Jan for 11 nights (cruise and FL) and I am so ready to welcome hot sun and heat in Jan.. We've never cruised or left this god for saken ice berg in Jan. so this is new and exciting for us!!!

White Christmas, oh yeah about a foot of it!!! makes for fun sledding christmas eve!!!

Archived