Recent Triumph Passengers -- Eastern Carib?

peanutzmom

OK, I have a question for those of you who have sailed the Triumph on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary the past few weeks. What time San Juan Time (not American Eastern Time) did you arrive in San Juan??

Here's my plight -- Dh & I want to take the "Night Tales of Puerto Rico" walking tour through Old San Juan. According to my ship's documents, we arrive in San Juan at 5PM. I assume that would be American Eastern Time, which means it would be 6PM when we arrive, San Juan Time. The "Night Tales" tour STARTS at 6PM San Juan time, thus my quandary. I e-mailed the people at Legends of Puerto Rico, and all they could tell me is that they don't know what time the Triumph is arriving next week because they haven't gotten the Port Authority list for next week yet, but they've had several other Triumph guests in the past few weeks who got there in plenty of time. Their refund policy is pretty strict, so I don't want to invest $60 for a walking tour and not even arrive in time! Thanks! :)

60 bucks...?? wow where they taking you walking to.

If you visit any web site you can do your own itinerary and do your own walking tour and save some bucks.

BUT usually the ships arrive about 5pm. ( usually a tad earlier)

have you visited the port of calls boards?

the time differnce in San Juan is one hour ahead of Miami (eastern time).

the question you want to know is---- does the ship change time to reflect the time difference. If its 6pm in san Juan the time on the ship is 5pm. If something goes wrong even by a few minutes you will moss the tour.

the question you want to know is---- does the ship change time to reflect the time difference. If its 6pm in san Juan the time on the ship is 5pm. If something goes wrong even by a few minutes you will moss the tour.

I know, that's my concern, but they (the tour operators) keep assuring me that other recent Triumph passengers haven't had a problem.

The cost of the tour is $30pp ($60 for both of us), and the only reason DH and I are even considering it is because the tour guide goes into a lot of local lore, legends, and "ghost stories." We've been on similar tours all around the world and have always loved them.

If we decide not to do that, we alreayd have a great *free* walking tour out of our Frommer's guide that's our second choice. We just thought it would be fun to hear all of the stories...

Sal (Tucho)- when I check the times on my digital pics, you are correct regarding MIAMI TIME, but it was one hour later in SJ. My pics are showing sunset @ 4:45 when it was 5:45 in SJ. Wish we were back onboard:(

Serene - there were a couple times on the ship where we had to change the clocks - not sure right now when they were. I know on our last night the clocks went BACK an hour

Thanks, everyone for your responses! Based on the fact that we'd be cutting it close either way, and after seeing Betty's mouthwatering photos of the filet mingon at open seating dinner that night, we've decided to stay onboard till after dinner, then do a "walking tour" on our own with our Frommer's guide. That will be $60 more for me to spend on Miami Vices and the roulette table! :)

Archived