hotel help - miami or fort lauderdale

czexrus

Flying in to Fort lauderdale thursday for a cruise leaving miami on Friday. What would be opinions on either staying the night in Fort Lauderdale or ubering to Miami and staying overnight there. Where would i be able to get the least expensive hotel for the night? i have read on other threads that Miami is pretty expensive to stay overnight.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

thankyou.

We are in the same situation. Flying into FLL with arrival expected around noon. Sailing out of Miami, and decided on the downtown FLL area to enjoy the area near the river with their water taxis being practically outside our door. We plan to use Uber the next morning to get to POM. At this juncture, there isn't a wrong or right, but I am happy with this decision.

This solution isn't for everyone, but if you have a few months before your cruise, you might look into applying for an IHG credit card. IHG is the parent company of the InterContinental Hotel, which overlooks the port of Miami. If you spend $1,000 on the card in the first three months, you get 60,000 points, which is enough for two free nights at this $350/nt. hotel. No annual fee for the first year, so you can cancel after you use your free hotel nights, and it will cost you nothing.

I just put the final payment for my cruise on it in order to meet the minimum spend. If you've got a while until your cruise, you could also just pay off $1,000 of the final payment if you don't want to pay it all now. They are very fast on crediting the 60,000 pts. I hit my $1,000 threshold in the first month. Once I received the bill, I paid it immediately and got my points within a week. From application to receiving the points was roughly two months, so as long as your cruise is at least that far away, you can get this done.

Link: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/aepdefault or just go to IHG.com and look for the credit card offer.