Rhone, Rhone, Rhone Your Boat; Lyon & Provence on the Viking Heimdal and Paris Too!

Rosethorn40

On 3/31/2019 at 8:45 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Perhaps the Rhone was not at full strength on your trip?  I am reporting what I recall from folks who were in 'Aquarium Class' cabins and noted that there was significant engine and/or current noise when the ship was moving upstream.  [I wasn't suggesting you would miss stops because of the current, only that the sailing may be harder and noisier.]

Folks in Aquarium class hear the engine noise and the noise of the current because they are below the water level. If you are concerned about engine noise, then you should avoid decks that are below the water level and you should choose a cabin that is further from the engine, no matter which direction you are sailing. 

It is a different story when you are above the water line and better the further you get from the engine. We were in cabin 206 on both the Rhone and the Seine. Most of the time we were on board, I had to look out the window to see if we were moving or not. My sister was in cabin 210 on the Rhone and 222 on the Seine. She reported that in 222 she heard a lot more engine noise than in 210.