Formal nights on AOS?

lauren0309

Which nights are the formal nights on AOS? Aruba Itinerary. Also does anyone have a recent review?

I will be sure and write a comprehensive review of the AOS when I return from my cruise - we are sailing in about 45 days.

I have no idea which nights are the formal nights......I'm interested to know as well.

Just came off the AOS. The 2 sea days are formal nights. I was one of a small handful wearing a tux. Every other night is casual and there is one 50s, 60s, 70s night.

Good luck on the cruise, mine was 80% locals and the cruise line catered to them pretty much solely. Learn your Spanish because everyone seemed like they didn't speak English. "Permiso" will become your "excuse me" when exiting elevators, moving around the promenade, etc.

Just came off the AOS. The 2 sea days are formal nights. I was one of a small handful wearing a tux. Every other night is casual and there is one 50s, 60s, 70s night.

Good luck on the cruise, mine was 80% locals and the cruise line catered to them pretty much solely. Learn your Spanish because everyone seemed like they didn't speak English. "Permiso" will become your "excuse me" when exiting elevators, moving around the promenade, etc.

I'm on the AOS next month, and while I appreciate your "heads up" on the number of "locals" on the ship - I will keep an open mind. The world is multi cultural - especially in Canada and more specifically Toronto where I live. Here, we embrace culture and enjoy visiting different parts of the city where various languages are spoken and there are many cultural events to take part in. Maybe I'm used to a multi cultural society and that's why the thought of an abundance of Spanish speaking individuals does not phase me in the slightest.

Robyn, I hear you. I am very tolerant of other and their cultures. I grew up in Philadelphia and went to school with people from all cultures, religions and races.

I went in with an open mind and was having a great time. As the week went on though, it became more and more frustrating. I speak a little Spanish and hoped they spoke a little English. When I spoke Spanish I was ignored just as though I was speaking gibberish. My FIL speaks perfect Spanish (he's Tejano) and they didn't pay him any mind either.

You had to push your way through people because they simply would not move. Even the crew complained about them and said that they are looking to move the ship to another port because of this issue.

I was also informed by the crew that there have been many things put into place in efforts to keep the rowdiness down.

Curfew is strict and security is VERY noticable, even checking IDs outside the night club.

Now perhaps I hit a bad week. Others have said that maybe we just hit a slow travel week and the cruise line had more locals than normal on the ship.

But it was enough for me to check Puerto Rico off my list as a place I had visited and I have no real desire to return.

Robyn, I hear you. I am very tolerant of other and their cultures. I grew up in Philadelphia and went to school with people from all cultures, religions and races.

I went in with an open mind and was having a great time. As the week went on though, it became more and more frustrating. I speak a little Spanish and hoped they spoke a little English. When I spoke Spanish I was ignored just as though I was speaking gibberish. My FIL speaks perfect Spanish (he's Tejano) and they didn't pay him any mind either.

You had to push your way through people because they simply would not move. Even the crew complained about them and said that they are looking to move the ship to another port because of this issue.

I was also informed by the crew that there have been many things put into place in efforts to keep the rowdiness down.

Curfew is strict and security is VERY noticable, even checking IDs outside the night club.

Now perhaps I hit a bad week. Others have said that maybe we just hit a slow travel week and the cruise line had more locals than normal on the ship.

But it was enough for me to check Puerto Rico off my list as a place I had visited and I have no real desire to return.

I can certainly appreciate the frustration you felt over the obvious rudeness of the passengers in question. I have issues tolerating rudeness from anyone - regardless of culture.

I'm sorry that it interfered with the enjoyment of your cruise :(

I have never been to Puerto Rico and am still looking forward to it. What else can I say? I'm an eternal optimist ;)

The following are Rude, not confused with "multi-cultural":

1) Kids running crazy (and loud in the dining room).

2) Teens making out aggressively in the stairways

3) Man hacking loogie from deck 12 down to my balcony just as I started to try and enjoy the view.

4) Blue jeans and hooker tops in the dining room

5) Very late to dinner in the DR each night

6) Yelling just about anyplace on the ship

7) Crowds stopped to converse at the bottom of every stairway and outside every elevator door.

8) Pushing to get on elevator before people were allowed a chance to get off.

9) Not showing up for dinner the last night in order to stiff the staff on their tips.

10) Pushing every buuton on the elevator.

11) Kids running down the hall and ringing the doorbells of the suites at 2am.

12) Wearing hats and wifebeaters in dining areas.

Or, maybe this is the new "culture".

Archived