Chankanaab Adventure Park, Ruins Tour or Paradise Beach?

Kemgstcruise6

We are cruising on Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas the week before Christmas. We are trying to decide on what we should do while in Cozumel. Does anyone have any recommendations? If we did a ruins tour, we would want to still have time for the beach, so we don't want to do one that has a long travel time. Thank you for your advice!!

Chankanaab has a miniature Mayan Ruins in the adventure park....why not do that , and you can do a beach and ruins visit in one location ?

An alternative would be doing one of those Jeep Tours that stop at San Gervasio and a beach .

I really recommend Tulum excursion with lunch and beach break. Enjoyed it a lot.

As for Cozumel... we love just renting a car and going to resort beaches, then to Punta Sur, then to wild side beaches. On our first visit we also drove to San Gervasio. They are ok ruins, but nothing special.

When we go to Cozumel we just rent a Jeep and do the island at our own pace. However- if I were going to do Chankanaab, I would just take a taxi as you can spend a whole day there. They have a nice beach, you can rent snorkel gear (or bring your own), walking trails, “ruins”, (they’re reconstructed) sea lion show and you can pay extra to swim with dolphins. There’s an entrance fee- you can also acquire a coupon. Google it.

Renting a Jeep allows you to see the less traveled side of the island. It’s beautiful over there! We’ve been all over the Caribbean and Cozumel remains our favorite location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really recommend Tulum excursion with lunch and beach break. Enjoyed it a lot.

As for Cozumel... we love just renting a car and going to resort beaches, then to Punta Sur, then to wild side beaches. On our first visit we also drove to San Gervasio. They are ok ruins, but nothing special.

Who did you book your Tulum excursion with?

Who did you book your Tulum excursion with?

With RCCL. It was 10 hour excursion for $119 iirc. On Allure.

We rarely do ships excursions, but felt it was very well worth the price.

You are very welcome

It’s a very picturesque place. In some reason I was only able to find one photo I took, and only B&W... just a small part

495275fccb8fddad3d232a96cc7fa679.jpg

Real watercolor is just amazing