Bringing CPAP machine

Richard2

Does anyone have experience bringing a CPAP machine on a Viking Ocean cruise? I've been able to google information for other cruise lines, but not Viking. The questions seem to be (1) is there any form to fill out in advance, or otherwise notify them, (2) can they supply distilled water, and (3) can you bring your own extension cord if it might be needed, or do they supply them?

Thanks.

Does anyone have experience bringing a CPAP machine on a Viking Ocean cruise? I've been able to google information for other cruise lines, but not Viking. The questions seem to be (1) is there any form to fill out in advance, or otherwise notify them, (2) can they supply distilled water, and (3) can you bring your own extension cord if it might be needed, or do they supply them?

Thanks.

You can contact Viking directly at tellus@vikingcruises.com for the answer to the first two questions.

There are outlets on the nightstands on either side of the bed. But if you think you will need an extension cord, then you should bring it.

enhance

Thanks.

Richard2,

I have used a CPAP machine for more than 20 years and have traveled with one for each of our Viking Cruises (3 Ocean and 2 River). I always bring an extension cord in my CPAP bag as well as a 220/110 volt converter (w/assorted plug adapters.) I haven't ever needed them for one of Viking's ships but have used one or both for hotel stays before or after a cruise. Peregrina's picture shows the small night stands conveniently located on each side of the bed and the electrical outlets just above them (including a 110 volt one.)

I don't use a humidifier with my CPAP machine so I can't speak directly about the availability of distilled water on board. There was some discussion a year or more ago about Viking not having distilled water on the ship at that time. I don't know if that has changed since then. I suspect that it might have given Viking's efforts to make their cruises as pleasant and trouble free as possible when a passenger makes a special need known. Best to ask Viking directly early on, and get a definitive answer.

Senior Gators (Richard also)

Thanks.

I do not think distilled water is available onboard. I have bought it throughout Europe and Scandinavia - sometimes in grocery store and sometimes in pharmacy (Green Cross) without difficulty

Richard2 ~ my husband uses a CPAP. I contacted Viking through the tellus email address and asked about distilled water. I got a very nice letter back telling me that a request was put through to have that in our cabin when we arrived. We won't be onboard until the 15th, so I won't know if my request was granted, but I have a feeling that it will be. So far, my few requests and inquiries have been handled quickly, efficiently, and to my satisfaction. So excited... only 11 more days!

Richard2 ~ my husband uses a CPAP. I contacted Viking through the tellus email address and asked about distilled water. I got a very nice letter back telling me that a request was put through to have that in our cabin when we arrived. We won't be onboard until the 15th, so I won't know if my request was granted, but I have a feeling that it will be. So far, my few requests and inquiries have been handled quickly, efficiently, and to my satisfaction. So excited... only 11 more days!

Yes, I had the same reply. The response from tellus was very quick and courteous, and indicated that they will provide distilled water daily.