Bliss or the Pearl?

fastpitchdad

We will be first time cruisers and can't decide between the Pearl or the Bliss for Alaska this May 2018. We're specifically looking at the roundtrip from Seattle and definitely don't want to miss Glacier Bay (both offer it) but just can't decide which ship to book! On the Pearl we can get a forward balcony for about $900 cheaper than any other option as the best deal but afraid of the wind factor in May, or a mini suit aft for an additional $700, Or go on the Bliss aft balcony for only $200 more than the Pearl's mini suite's rate.. so undecided. By the way, we're a young couple (early 30s) with 4 year old. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

I don't think Bliss is going to AK in May 2018. Looks like it starts in June 2018, and does not include Glacier Bay until 2019. Maybe you typo'ed the year?

We will be first time cruisers and can't decide between the Pearl or the Bliss for Alaska this May 2018. We're specifically looking at the roundtrip from Seattle and definitely don't want to miss Glacier Bay (both offer it) but just can't decide which ship to book! On the Pearl we can get a forward balcony for about $900 cheaper than any other option as the best deal but afraid of the wind factor in May, or a mini suit aft for an additional $700, Or go on the Bliss aft balcony for only $200 more than the Pearl's mini suite's rate.. so undecided. By the way, we're a young couple (early 30s) with 4 year old. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Personally, I would go with the Bliss; which I am this year! I sailed the Pearl last year to Alaska, and while I enjoyed the trip, I found there wasn't always a lot going on around the ship. I also wasn't impressed with the shows. However, I do love mega ships, which I know a lot of people don't. I haven't had a problem with big crowds on the mega ships though, and I love that there is always something going on if I feel like doing something.