Wifes Medical Issues

Life_Traveler

I had to jump in here and respond. By the third day of my recent cruise on the Breeze, I was in terrible, and I do mean terrible, pain from hip bursitis. I had received a Cortisone injection before the cruise, but it just didn't work. :( Finally, after I actually teared up after walking to the DR again, my husband asked Guest Services about a Wheelchair. Let me say, How wonderful they were! They brought us a brand new wheelchair ($50 refundable deposit), right then and there! Excellent Customer Service. Was my pride hurt? Yes...BUT was I crying in pain anymore? NO! I used the wheelchair the remainder of the cruise when coming/going about the Ship. Best of all-a young lady, Carnival employee, pushed me all the way off the ship, got us a Porter, and continued to transport me straight to my waiting bus for Houston! I cannot thank Carnival enough for this outstanding service they provided!! I just don't know How WOULD Have made it out of that long terminal without help. (We tipped the young lady well-so worth it!)

I hope your wife continues to improve and you are able to enjoy your next cruise! I am starting Physical Therapy this week...

Carnival was very helpful. We were on the Paradise and they mustered inside. When it came time to go outside they told her to just sit there and not leave and then they added her name to the special needs list and never once asked why. She spent most of the cruise in the Hot Tub and the Spa Sauna and it seemed to keep her pain down to a comfortable level. She now has 31 days to get feeling better before we leave on our next cruise.

I want to thank everyone for the advise. we did purchase a Stroller where there is a build in chair just in case. She never took it out of the room but it was a comfort to know she had it if needing it.

I had to jump in here and respond. By the third day of my recent cruise on the Breeze, I was in terrible, and I do mean terrible, pain from hip bursitis. I had received a Cortisone injection before the cruise, but it just didn't work. :( Finally, after I actually teared up after walking to the DR again, my husband asked Guest Services about a Wheelchair. Let me say, How wonderful they were! They brought us a brand new wheelchair ($50 refundable deposit), right then and there! Excellent Customer Service. Was my pride hurt? Yes...BUT was I crying in pain anymore? NO! I used the wheelchair the remainder of the cruise when coming/going about the Ship. Best of all-a young lady, Carnival employee, pushed me all the way off the ship, got us a Porter, and continued to transport me straight to my waiting bus for Houston! I cannot thank Carnival enough for this outstanding service they provided!! I just don't know How WOULD Have made it out of that long terminal without help. (We tipped the young lady well-so worth it!)

I hope your wife continues to improve and you are able to enjoy your next cruise! I am starting Physical Therapy this week...

I am so glad that you both had positive experiences. We have had nothing but great accommodation from Carnival. One year it was DH on his scooter and I sprained my knee just before the cruise and was on crutches. They were fantastic to us.