Best Time to Cruise to Alaska??

lucia1024

I just got back from being on the Jewel. I am really hooked on NCL Freestyle Cruising, so I was thinking about doing an Alaskan cruise next. I know nothing about cruising to that part of the world. I have only been on Carribbean cruises.

When is the best time of year to go there? What are the NCL ships like that go there? Are they older and smaller ships? Can you see a lot of Alaska in just 7 days?

I would really love to hear about any of your experiences. I want to start researching and any help would be appreciate.

Thanks

1. Becasue of the daylight and temp issues, there is a small window of oppertunity for Alaska cruises. I believe its pretty much last week of May to begining of August.

We cruises from Seattle on NCL Sun and like you had only been on warm weather cruises previously. WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF THIS CRUISE. Unlike the folks that got off the ship, when we got on, Our weather was perfect.......... actually swam in the pool one day (:. A Balcony is a must becasue there is so much to see while cruising the inside passage. Land visible almost the entire cruise along with fish, killer whales etc.........

If you want pics drop me an e-mail jsaadat@msn.com

J

Hello,

Went on the Spirit the last week of May/first week of June (Memorial Day) this year from Seattle. The weather was perfect, days plenty long with no rain and best of all the prices virtually doubled the next week.

Only negative was the ship not being able to get as close to glaciers due to ice however, the scenery was magnificent.

My cruise was an inside passage roundtrip from Seattle so we did not go as far north as others.

Chris

Archived