Email address for Maitre’d

volmoma

Not everyone reads JH post; however, I have emailed MD's to make a request - only one replied, but the requests were always granted. I'm not sure what Heald means by it being a waste of time.

What he reiterated again today was that it is not in their job description to reply to emails to those addresses. He requested that folks not email them directly, but rather use the links at the site or contact him to make requests.

And don't get mad at me, I'm just relaying what he said.

• 1 month later...
I emailed the maître d' about 10 days prior to our Thanksgiving cruise requesting a table by a window. No response, but we got exactly that!

What information did you provide? I would very much like to request a window table on our upcoming cruise (I have on one previous cruise...and were were assigned just the opposite...).

I'm not sure why John Heald would say that. I have spoken to several Maitre'd's on various ships and they have zero problem with being emailed. I have received a response on occasion, however, the norm is to not receive one. I have, however, always gotten what I asked for. I have never requested a specific table placement, etc. I only email them to request to be seated with my party alone. We do not wish to sit with people whom we don't know at dinner. I have had too many bad experiences with table mates taking over the rest of my cruise by dragging me into their drama/problems/etc. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm sure some of you can relate.

Also, I suggest emailing them exactly two days after the previous cruise to your cruise begins. That way they have settled all of the issues from that cruise and can focus on your request.

Good luck!

Brad