Opinions on Studio Ocean View cabins on Empress of the Seas

Can I ask what you thought of the cabin?  I am in the exact same situation.  Traveling alone, August 2019, sailing to Cuba.  

I've never done a studio on RCCL, only NCL (which is one of the reasons I strayed from RCCL for a while), but I found the same deal to be very attractive as well.

Since there are so few studio ocean views on this ship, I guess there's a very good chance you were in the same cabin I have booked.

Thanks very much.  

29 minutes ago, ferryg said:

Can I ask what you thought of the cabin?  I am in the exact same situation.  Traveling alone, August 2019, sailing to Cuba.  

I was supposed to travel in February in the solo cabin.  Unfortunately, RC cancelled my cruise (and several others) for that month.  Sorry.

Edited by ChinaShrek

I had this cabin down to Havana this past Sept 6th.  While it is small it was bright and airy.  Surely enough closet space for a shorter cruise and a big enough area to get dressed.  Ample space in the bathroom for storing things and a desk where I was able to work with my laptop.  Quiet yet convenient to a major stairwell that got me to the Windjammer quickly.  My only criticism would be that the cabin soft goods have a worn look and there are a lot of scuff marks on the walls/baseboard.  Hope that helps!

Edited by worldspan
spelling

27 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I was supposed to travel in February in the solo cabin.  Unfortunately, RC cancelled my cruise (and several others) for that month.  Sorry.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.  NCL did that to me this year, and I was livid.

Though, to their credit, they did book me on a different cruise without letting me know and then sent me an invoice for the difference since the price was higher.

13 minutes ago, worldspan said:

I had this cabin down to Havana this past Sept 6th.  While it is small it was bright and airy.  Surely enough closet space for a shorter cruise and a big enough area to get dressed.  Ample space in the bathroom for storing things and a desk where I was able to work with my laptop.  Quiet yet convenient to a major stairwell that got me to the Windjammer quickly.  My only criticism would be that the cabin soft goods have a worn look and there are a lot of scuff marks on the walls/baseboard.  Hope that helps!

Great, thank you.

I'm not in need of much closet space these days anyway.

When I travel solo, I simply need a quiet refuge with a place to sleep.

• 8 months later...

SunsChild57:  Thank you for posting photos.   Worldspan: Thank you for your opinion of the room.  I'm booked in cabin #8030 for April 2021.  little worried though as you stated the closet space is ok for a shorter cruise, my cruise I'm going on is 8 nights.  I have sailed on this ship before and know how old it is.    Thank you to all who responded.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2018 at 4:22 PM, Hoopster95 said:

WOW! I had no idea that you did not get double points for this studio cabin. Thank you for posting this. I just booked one with the sole purpose of needing 12 more points to be diamond level. Only getting 7 does not help! Ughh. Hope I can get another cabin! 

There are 6 studio OV cabins.... 4000,4500, 7032, 7532, 8030, 8530.

**NOTE: you will not get 2 Crown & Anchor points sailing solo in these cabins even though they can be sold as double occupancy.... I checked with 3 different sources and each came back with the same answer. If you want double points, you have to pay the double occupancy rate.

• 4 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 7:31 PM, BeachDiva101 said:

SunsChild57:  Thank you for posting photos.   Worldspan: Thank you for your opinion of the room.  I'm booked in cabin #8030 for April 2021.  little worried though as you stated the closet space is ok for a shorter cruise, my cruise I'm going on is 8 nights.  I have sailed on this ship before and know how old it is.    Thank you to all who responded.

I'm going May 10th 2021 in room 8050. I've done the NCL studio a few times. Always enjoyed it  though It seems a little smaller than this. I liked the fact there was a great picture window. I wish someone could post the bathroom.