Talk about Timing;)

sunflower1972

Well it is amazing how interesting our first cruise adventure has become!

We are going on the Sun Princess Feb 6 and flying out of detroit on Feb 4. Thought we'd enjoy Fort Lauderdale....and well frankly just get out of here early since we have the time:)

WE booked the cruise, then the flight. Then began the adventure of booking hotels. When trying for Detroit we learned that it is Super Bowl week-end:) I gotta say we were shocked...LOL. AND no we don't watch football so had no clue:) When booking a hotel in Fort Lauderdale we discovered King Tut is also visiting:) Talk about life throwing interesting curve balls your way.

I also was looking at our cruise on the Princess website and it showed every room catagory as being waitlisted at this time....I'm assuming that means at this point the ship is full:)

Seems like everyone thinks this is a good week to get out of this cold.

SO, cheers to our so far wild and wacky cruise adventure!!

Sorry - but I guess you just have to "roll with the punches".

Back in Sep 00, we took a cruise, San Francisco to Sydney, 27 nights, but couldn't get a hotel in Sydney (we were waitlisted for several months) due to an International Rugby (or Soccer) Match.

Wasn't the end of the world - we had been there before, so we bit the bullet, and flew home immediately after docking.

OOOPS - wrong trip. It was Papeete to Sydney aboard Pacific Princess, Nov 03, when we couldn't get a hotel in Sydney.

Sometimes difficult to keep them sorted out correctly in the old memory bank.

Archived