Itinerary Changes on the western caribbean?

Bostontraveler

:cool:

we are traveling on the Miracle on Feb 5th leaving from Tampa and going to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. I was wondering if anyone has been on this cruise lately and if the itinerary has changed at all. We want to book a few shore excursions from outside companies but are a little worried that if we do that and then they change our itinerary we'll lose out on our money. Anybody have any updates!?

Thanks

Amy

Amy before you book with ANY outside agency--make sure the money is rufundable if the ship does not dock there. If they cant offer you that-- look for another vendor. they are out there. I owuld never book with a vendor who didnt have that cancellation policy.

Its one thing if the ship goes there and you decide at the last minute not to go---but if the ship doesnt dock you should not be out your money

Right now I believe the Miracle is going to all 4 ports but have swapped Days with Costa Maya (I think). Anyway, Carnival hasn't announced it's itineraries beyond the end of this year yet so I don't think you could find out anything about your cruise yet. You could go ahead and book tours for the days you are "supposed" to be in port but just make sure you deal with reputable companies and that they will refund your money if you have to cancel. You can get recommendations for tour operators over on the ports of call board. I booked our tours for our March cruise with independent tour operators before Wilma hit Cozumel. At the time, I checked with each tour operator about their cancellation policies. All of the tour operators were highly recommended by people here at CC. For now I am leaving things as is because Carnival has not announced changes in itineraries for March. I'll deal with that when it happens.

Hi all,

Just off 12/4/05 Miracle. We booked all independant tour operator excursions at each port of call and mentioned in each booking that Miracle's dates might change as a result of the post Wilma aftermath. All of the tour operators we used in each port of call said no problem, we will adjust your booking automatically based on Miracle's actual arrival date in our port. I think that this is SOP for these independants. They must be flexible or they'd lose business.

Sailing in February Grand Cayman is the same time as tampa time..the rest of your ports are one hour behind.. (more then likly the captain will turn the clocks back.

The Miracle is a very easy ship to get around. If you enjoyed the menu on your Glory--the menus are ab0ut the same with very few changes.

Make sure you see the Ticket to Ride show.

Archived