Need help with hotels in Miami for two different holidays

heatherbelle

hello

I've been reading the threads regarding hotels in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and I am still confused about what to do.

Holiday 1 we fly into Miami at around 6.00 pm and I reckon if we are lucky we will be out of the airport with our hire car around 7.30 if we are lucky. The following day we are heading to Disney. So I am looking for a hotel with a decent breakfast and with food options nearby for our evening meal. I had looked at the Sheraton, but I think just for somewhere to park our heads I may be paying too much with that one. It's $195 for three of us with breakfast.

Holiday 2 in Late October (20th) we are back again. Flight lands an hour earlier so out of airport around 6.30. Now this is my dilemma. We have a cruise booked the following day out of Fort Lauderdale. So I cannot decide whether to get a hire car and drive over to Fort Lauderdale and stay there, or stay by the airport in Miami again with no car using a hotel shuttle.

There are just two of this trip and UK car hire with Alamo appears to be less than a taxi from MIA to Port Everglades. So lovely cruise critic people can you provide some help? Hotels in Fort Lauderdale and/or transportation options. This is suppose to be a cheap weeks holiday so not looking for expensive hotel.

Holiday #1 -- look at hotels in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn is very popular) with a local strip mall nearby with shopping, fast food, and dining options.

Holiday #2 -- rent the car and stay closer to FLL. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL hotel and tourist info. Some of the beach hotels and those closer to the port will charge you for parking. Your other option is to skip the car rental, pack light, and use UberX or Lyft from MIA to your FLL area hotel for about $35. The next morning you are just a shuttle or another Uber/Lyft from Port Everglades.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - your local bitter, please. :)

Holiday #1 -- look at hotels in the Blue Lagoon area (Hampton Inn is very popular) with a local strip mall nearby with shopping, fast food, and dining options.

Holiday #2 -- rent the car and stay closer to FLL. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL hotel and tourist info. Some of the beach hotels and those closer to the port will charge you for parking. Your other option is to skip the car rental, pack light, and use UberX or Lyft from MIA to your FLL area hotel for about $35. The next morning you are just a shuttle or another Uber/Lyft from Port Everglades.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - your local bitter, please. :)

Thank you. John Smiths is my local brew.