Movie Theater in or near Port Canaveral

kermit99

Hello,

We are a family of 6 that are big Star Wars fans and are looking to see the latest during our stop here on our cruise. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a movie theater nearby and what would be the most economical way to transport us there. I've considered renting a car but really all my family wants to do is see the movie then get back on the ship (Anthem) to enjoy it. So I'm not sure if there is a cheaper way for us all to get to a local theater. I'm also not sure if there is a theater closer then Merritt Island. Any help is welcomed and thanks in advance.

nope, Merritt Square Mall and their COBB 16 is the nearest to the port and you'd either want to rent a car, taxi or UBER (7 or 8 miles depending on the route the driver takes) Every other theater is further .... (unless there is one I'm forgetting)

I just ran a dummy on UBER and for XL (you need cuz you are 6) I get $25

don't even THINK about the bus ..... you could be on it for days .....

renting a car/van may be a good deal (shop for a price) then you'd have options of doing other things too, like visiting RonJon to buy the required SOMETHING with RJ logo to avoid the county tax for departing w/out such an item in your possession. Be sure to get the sticker they put in every purchase bag to show the inspectors at the pier when you return to the ship .... ;)

http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/location/detail.aspx?LocationId=7

nope, Merritt Square Mall and their COBB 16 is the nearest to the port and you'd either want to rent a car, taxi or UBER (7 or 8 miles depending on the route the driver takes) Every other theater is further .... (unless there is one I'm forgetting)

I just ran a dummy on UBER and for XL (you need cuz you are 6) I get $25

don't even THINK about the bus ..... you could be on it for days .....

renting a car/van may be a good deal (shop for a price) then you'd have options of doing other things too, like visiting RonJon to buy the required SOMETHING with RJ logo to avoid the county tax for departing w/out such an item in your possession. Be sure to get the sticker they put in every purchase bag to show the inspectors at the pier when you return to the ship .... ;)

http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/location/detail.aspx?LocationId=7

Nope, your are not forgetting. Closest is Merritt Square on State Rd 520.