Occidental/Allegro Pineapple Beach Resort Incredible - Please Read

Steveinmiss

The six of us had decided to try the Pineapple Beach Resort after reading some posts on this forum.

We got to Antigua's port on 11/30/05 on the Golden Princess and took a cab to the other side of the island with "Charles in Charge" who told us all about the people and his country although we're not really sure how much we can believe. I can't remember the cost but it seems like it was about $8 each.

He dropped us off in Paradise at the resort which is on private grounds right on the Carribean on one of the most beautiful beaches you've ever laid eyes on.

For $45 U.S. each we had full use of the resort's facilities including all the food and drink (read "alcohol") we could take. We had a choice of eating from the outside buffet or taking the scenic hike up the stairs on a cliff to Mary's Outhouse where I had some of the best barbecued chicken in my life, cold beer, and some of the most incredible views of the Caribbean.

When you look at the attache website and see the "Gazebo on the Cliff", Mary's Outhouse restaurant is right next to that. It's just an old bunch of picnic tables under a picnic shelter and everyone is encouraged to leave their message on the walls, ceilings, or tables.

There was a fair amount of topless bathing which I rather enjoyed. We were allowed to use the Hobie Cats and kayaks but there wasn't enough wind to sail.

We would definitely consider coming back to the resort to stay for a whole week. Even though we had our "blue striped Princess towels" that made us feel like "outsiders", we were treated fantastic as if we had stayed there for a month. All the bartenders were great and I'd say at least 35-40% of the clientele was from the U.K.

I did not want to leave to go back to the ship and would like it to have picked me up on the way back. I'm just not a cruise person, preferring to stay out on the beach as long as I'd like. There was a sand volleyball court I would love to have played on but nobody wanted to play the afternoon we were there.

An incredible bargain for $45 a pers on and we were there from 10 am - 4 pm. All I did was call the hotel before our trip to let them know how many of us were coming. They didn't want a credit card or even our names. They just want to make sure they don't have 100's of cruise ship people at a time. I believe there were about 10 of us from our ship and we all had a fantastic time.

Check out this website. I loved it.

http://www.allegroantigua.com/ Check out the pictures.

boy....talk about timing. i am cruising on december 24th and have had pineapple beach booked since last april!!!

your review (imho) was the most specific. i am personally soooo happy that you posted. i knew the place was nice but as we're getting closer and there haven't been so many reviews.....let's just say......thanks!!!

you mentioned that you took towels off the ship...i hadn't even thought about that.....they don't supply towels? also, is there some shade? and one more (FOR NOW) at mary's do they serve anything besides chicken?

You can spend the day at Long Bay without doing a day pass for Pineapple Beach resort. About half-way between the Pineapple Beach hotel and the Long Bay hotel there is a beach shack where you can buy food and use the restrooms. The beach is lovely. We spent the day there last year and will be back again on an upcoming cruise. There are guys renting chairs and umbrellas so it's a viable alternative.

• 3 weeks later...
He dropped us off in Paradise at the resort which is on private grounds right on the Carribean on one of the most beautiful beaches you've ever laid eyes on.

For $45 U.S. each we had full use of the resort's facilities including all the food and drink (read "alcohol") we could take. We had a choice of eating from the outside buffet or taking the scenic hike up the stairs on a cliff to Mary's Outhouse where I had some of the best barbecued chicken in my life, cold beer, and some of the most incredible views of the Caribbean

Check out this website. I loved it.

http://www.allegroantigua.com/ Check out the pictures.

When you say all the alcohol you can take what brands of alcohol do they serve? What brand of beers do they serve? I am just curious because some of those all inclusive places serve the worst of the worse well liquor.

Thanks for any info from anyone that knows.

Book direct, not sure which line you are sailing but Carnival does not offer this. Carnival has an excursion that takes you to a beach, includes chair and 1 drink $39.00 for 4 hours. Price of day pass does not include taxi ride that I understand to be about 20.00 for up to 4 people.

Book direct, not sure which line you are sailing but Carnival does not offer this. Carnival has an excursion that takes you to a beach, includes chair and 1 drink $39.00 for 4 hours. Price of day pass does not include taxi ride that I understand to be about 20.00 for up to 4 people.

Hi Sharon I think we are going to try and do this - it looks beautiful!

Now should I call them first or just email them via their website? What do you suggest?

Thanks Maureen

I'd try email direct, saves long distance phone call, if you don't get a reply within a day I'd call. When I called they gave me a person's name to email instead of the info address listed on the website. When I first contacted them sevaral months ago I was told to wait until 2 weeks before traveling but I didn't want to miss out so I called about 1 month before. Looks like once they open up the dates they see pretty fast. I checked other all-inclusives and everyone else was between 80.00 & 100.00 pp so this seems like a great deal.

Archived