im marrying a supermodel on the MOS named....

bethorc

hi, my question is this, if my embarkation time from port canaveral is 5:00 pm, whats the earliest time i can arrive and beat the crowd? would 11:30 am be too early?....and am sorry for the title, i just couldnt think of one....i was thinking of using the fake "im sick" routine to get on faster and have witnessed it working 1st hand but im not as old as the 2 old ladies (had to be 70 each) that used it last time i was checking in....how do i know that they werent sick you ask....well, after boarding i went immediately to the bar and who was there getting 2 drinks? you guessed it, those 2 old ladies that butted in front of me ! touche` to them....anyways, your answer is appreciated ....BETHORC......

11:30 won't be too early, but I would say times have changed a bit.... Using the "I'm sick" method could get you a little more than you bargain for! In the Norwalk "era," saying you're "sick" could very well get you denied boarding.... I might not try that method, since I have seen people who are visably sick be pulled aside and denied boarding.

If you arrive at 11:30 you will certainly beat the crowd, especially since so many people reading their docs believe RCI when they say boarding begins at 2:00 - when it actually begins around 11:30.

Last week we boarded the Mariner at 11:30am. Get there earlier and you should be on board by 11:30!! They told us that has been the norm for this ship. When we disembarked we were off at 7:15am. We had a 3pm return flight and were able to take the 10:35 flight home instead.

Enjoy your cruise. The Mariner is a real beauty!! :cool:

Cindy ;)

I would get there by 10:30, but that is just me. While we have never been first in line, usually 50-100 people already in line, we do typically get on board before 11:30. So much depends on how the ship clears customs that particular day. Good luck and have a fantastic cruise.

Those times are consistent with past embarkation. When you get in the roped check-in lines, try going to the Left. Those lines often move faster. Some cruise lines (I can't remember about MOS.) won't allow you access to your cabin before 1 PM. However, you may be lucky enough to go put your carry-on in the cabin, then go for some lunch and check out the ship.

Bon Voyage

Been on Mariner twice. Left the Radisson at 10:30. Had to wait in line, but were among the first to board around 11:30. Could not get into cabins until 1:00 PM. They actually had the hallway locked. Have read that they have an area where you can "check" your carry ons until cabins are ready.

Archived