PV tour - "Rhythms of the Night"...how is it?

babykates

Has anyone been on this Puerto Vallarta tour (through Vallarta Adventure) and recommends it? The website description and video make it look incredible and unforgettable - which would mean the $70 price is worth it!

Any advice??

Wouldn't it be in the evening after the ship leaves port? ~Christine

My motto: "What happens on the ship, stays on the ship!" (wink :-)

October 19, 2003 on the Mercury

March 13, 2004 on the Mercury

October 13, 2004 on the Mercury

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

The Vision spends all day in PV (8am-11pm). Right now we have the excursion booked through the ship.

I had read on this board somewhere that someone was SO impressed with Vallarta Adventure (their dolphin tour?) that they booked the "Night" tour too.

We took the Unimog Rainforest Safari thru the Pride which was with Vahartta Adventures and our guide was telling us how great this Rythmns of the Night tour was. Heard others say similar but have never done.

• 4 months later...

This is one of the best sunset cruises in Vallarta. The boat leaves the marina and goes down the coastline, past the center of Vallarta and Malecon area (very picturesque) down to Las Caletas the former home of John Huston.

On the trip to Caletas, the crew is pretty entertaining and they have open bar and music. Once you get to Caletas, you are greeted by burning tiki torches and many of the dancers from the pre-hispanic show. The hosts seat you at tables along side the ocean, give you wine, and then you are free to go through the buffet for your meal, which, for a buffet and for "tour food" is actually quite good.

After dinner, there is a pre-hispanic sound and light show in the outdoor amphitheater which I really enjoyed, (but some people say is lame).... but the show in my opinion is very well done and interesting with a different view into the culture.

After the show, you are served dessert and coffee and then back to the boat for music, dancing and contests.

This is one of my favorite tours in Puerto Vallarta.

• 4 months later...

I would absolutely, without a doubt, book this excursion again!!! We went last May. It was a very romantic nigt, yes, even after 20 years of marriage. The ride over was more "fun" with the crew doing crazy dancing and entertainment, but once you get to Las Caletas Hideaway, the whole mood changes, very peaceful quiet, beautiful torch lit paths to walk along, quite drums beating in the background, other musicians stroll along during dinner. I would reccommend taking a bottle of water or other cool beverage over to the show area, because I recall it was pretty hot and humid over there, and you are kind of tucked back behind the trees and the is no breeze whatsoever! The ride back was very romantic, nice slow music for dancing, not a cloud in the sky, the moon was beautiful........... We actually bought the video that they filmed and I love to watch it, it is done very nice with music, scenery, etc... I would have to agree, this is a time to leave the kids on the ship and spend some quality time with your special sweetie!

• 2 months later...

A group of 7 wild Colorado women just returned from P.V. and all highly recommend this tour. It was beautiful and very well done. The food was excellent, the dancers and drummers were so professional and the staff on the island and the boat were very entertaining and fun. Prob. not so exciting for kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Colorado chick here.

We got picked up at the Puerto vallarta main pier (right next to the giant cruise ship) at around 6:oo. I believe we returned around 9:30 but check the website for the times. There were lots of people from the cruise ship on the excursion, they seem to coordinate the times so you can make it back to the ship.

The waves were a little rough coming back but no one got sick and it is a fabulous journey of about 1 hour. Bring a jacket for the trip back.

I'm envious, wish I was going again!

M.

• 2 weeks later...

Our timing was a little different than has been mentioned here - we were picked up right beside the Vision at 4:15, had the 45 min boat ride to Los Caletas, ate both supper and dessert, had the show and then went immediately back to PV. We were back in PV around 9. The scenery is gorgeous, the boat ride there and back very entertaining, but I did think the meal was not the greatest. Our table mates referred to the meat as "hide of rhinosaurus!" Most of the people around us were wishing that some sort of explanation had been given about what the 'ritual' they were performing was about - we got the 'general' idea but it would have been nice to understand more of the symbolysm. Would I recommend the tour?? - yes, but I do think it is pricey - and definately not somehing kids would enjoy.

Archived