Palmetto and then West Bay

VTSnorkler

We're on the Valor in January and are scheduled to be in Roatan from 11am to 6pm. Is Roatan a tender port (I thought it was?)

Does anyone know if we'll have time to do both the Palmetto Canopy Tour and also go to West Bay beach? We'd either hire a private guide for the day, or perhaps rent a scooter.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Which cruise are you on? We are on the Valor January 8 cruise. The reason I ask it sounds like we want to do the same things. You can get Victor Bodden (or one of his employees) to take you anywhere you want for 25$/person (miniumum 4 people). You could do both. We are only two people and maybe hooking up with someone else would be beneficial. Mom and DD age 18--DD really wants to do the zipline. I was at Tabayana beach last year and it has some of the best and easiest snorkeling ever.

I was in Roatan last year off the NCL Spirit with my two sons. This year I am with my daughter. I think you could do both. It is about 25-30 minutes from Tabayana beach back to Coxen Hole. I didn't realize we didn't get there until 11:00. Carnival runs a Canopy/ Tabayana beach excursion in that time period. However there is more than one location for the ziplines and they use the one closest to Tabayana. I have to look at a map to see where this other one is.

Please remember that you can only do the Tabayana Canopy tour in WEST BAY, by booking it on board as an excursion...You cannot just drive up...they won't let you in on cruiseship days....and you are on a cruiseship.

Going to Tabayana beach, which is at West Bay is available to anyone...as long as you don't want to use their lounge chairs, or enjoy their food....

Alternatively, there is a wonderful canopy tour in French Harbour....

There are many ways in getting there....

2 wheels...4 wheels....

However, from experience with my own customers, for the time the Valor is here, doing both can easily be done....

I hope that helps.

Which cruise are you on? We are on the Valor January 8 cruise. The reason I ask it sounds like we want to do the same things. You can get Victor Bodden (or one of his employees) to take you anywhere you want for 25$/person (miniumum 4 people). You could do both. We are only two people and maybe hooking up with someone else would be beneficial. Mom and DD age 18--DD really wants to do the zipline. I was at Tabayana beach last year and it has some of the best and easiest snorkeling ever.

Lucy - DW and I are in for Vic Bodden and will split with you guys. We both want to do Palmetto and snorkel at Palmetto.

There are two canopy tours in Roatan. The cruiseships use the Tabyana/ Gumbalimba one, but there is another bigger one at Palmetto bay. The following link provides some information.

http://www.roatanisland.net/rollercoaster.htm

Is this the one you are referring to Captain Van? Is it on the road between French Harbor and Palmetto Bay?

There are two canopy tours in Roatan. The cruiseships use the Tabyana/ Gumbalimba one, but there is another bigger one at Palmetto bay. The following link provides some information.

http://www.roatanisland.net/rollercoaster.htm

Is this the one you are referring to Captain Van? Is it on the road between French Harbor and Palmetto Bay?

The one you speak of, is not really at Palmetto....It "is' on the road leading to Palmetto, but is only 500 yards off the main road that goes past French Harbour.

So yes...one in the same.

Please note, there is no snorkeling at the Roatan Jungle Canopy, as they are not located near any beach.

Thanks Captain Van, want to go to West Bay to snorkel. One other question--Do you know what time the Palmetto ziplines would open in the morning? We would probably go to the ziplines first--swimming second.

They are opened up early..

Please also remember that the Valor has changed it's itinerary for Roatan, and you are now on the island from 10AM-6PM island time (11AM to 7 ship time)....so you don't have to get up too darn early..

:)

You have the time for both. We were on the Valor in late Nov. We used Victor Bodden, very good. Had a BAD experience at Palmetto Zip Line.

I was not adjusted correctly and ended up with a broken ankle on the very first platform. They were having a bad day at Palmetto; we waited over

1 1/2 hours for more equipment to arrive. They promised 15-20 minutes.

It was downhill from there; no pun intended. I was adjusted too long, my friend, too short. Our guide was very young (17). Believe me when I tell you that there is no way off this zip line if you for any reason become disenchanted or injured, EXCEPT after completing several platforms and two moving bridges you DEMAND to get off when you see the ground a few feet below. Then you must hike about 1 mile through the jungle to get back crossing a stream several times. I know, I did this on a broken ankle!

So...good luck! But please be in very good physical condition and think twice

before you commit to something you're not positive you can complete.

Archived