Itinerary Changes on Galaxy mediterranean Cruises 2006

barbels

I'm booked on the Aug 25 Galaxy cruise round trip to Rome. Celebrity has made 2 port changes since I booked. Genoa was changed to Livorno a while ago- that's a good change in my opinion. Now I notice that Villefranche has been changed to Cannes. I'm not so happy about this one. Does anyone out there have an opinion about Cannes as a port?

Villefranche is better situated for travel to some beautiful places in Provence. It's also a lovely little seaside town to wander in- or head to Monte Carlo or Nice to see the sites.

But Cannes is known as the "Jewel of the Cote d'Azur". It also has better beaches than Nice (Nice is rocky) if you are into that. Gardens and museums if you like that. You can travel by train, SNCF to Nice or Monte Carlo or Antibes- just about anywhere along the French Riviera.

There are a lot of highly recommended independant tour operators that operate out of Cannes who can take you deep into Provence. You might want to head over to the Europe board and see what you can find. I would not be disappointed to be going to Cannes- lots to see and do.

Thanks Petoonya.

I had my heart set on a short taxi ride to the Villa Efrussi. Now it looks like we'll have to train it to Villefranche before the taxi. I've been to Provence and the Riviera before so I don't need a guide.

"I had my heart set on a short taxi ride to the Villa Efrussi. Now it looks like we'll have to train it to Villefranche before the taxi."

Well thats disappointing. Hope it goes well for you.

Heck you could see Johnny Depp in Cannes......:)

Barbels,

You probably already know this as well if you are a Johnny Depp fan.

He has a home in Provence but also a home by the sea. I read recently only that it is "near Cannes".

I couldn't help but keep my eyes peeled when we visited this last May. ;)

Archived