Ovation Alaska 2019

MRRG

Check your pricing. I booked last week while onboard the Harmony on the first day the sailings were released. I checked my Grand Suite pricing today and saved $1500 and maintained my $300 OBC.

Check your pricing. I booked last week while onboard the Harmony on the first day the sailings were released. I checked my Grand Suite pricing today and saved $1500 and maintained my $300 OBC.

Do the rates seem high for the Ovation to you? We are considering booking an Alaska Ovation Cruise when we are onboard the Harmony in March. We will need 4-5 cabins for our group so I’ve been checking dates/rates. I was surprised that the RT Ovation was more expensive than the North/South rate on the Radiance. Our last Alaska Cruise was a few years ago, but these are a lot higher. We would consider the North/South route, but we will have children & teens with us and the Ovation is much better for them......plus the higher flights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes they seem high, but living in Las Vegas we have to fly anywhere we want to cruise to and LV to SEA is an easy flight. And we like to escape the Las Vegas heat in the summer. We have done the Radiance north/south several times as well as the RT Seattle several times. We have never been on Quantum class so this is our opportunity to try it.

This is our 4th time to Alaska but it’s the 1st time for most in our group. We did the Southbound once & RT Seattle twice. We will have to fly from Illinois. Thanks for answering. I was just curious. It won’t stop us from booking!!!

I am not impressed with the itinerary for the Ovation at all. It misses one of the regular ports and has shortened time in each. I was really looking forward to seeing Alaska on her, but I have changed my mind and am now going to do the Southbound on the Radiance.

Extra ports AND lots more additional time in every port, so get to maximise our time in Alaska.

We are looking at the Ovation also and the pricing seems to be geared towards the ship itself since is a bigger class and also newer. I thought I saw a article that they were going to update the ship to the American decor instead of the Asian decor which I would feel more in tune with the cruise ! I glad you mentioned the shorten times in port which I did not noticed ! I think the Exp. of the Seas might be a better fit for us!

I think the Exp. of the Seas might be a better fit for us!

I believe that isn't an option for 2019 as Ovation is replacing Explorer. It's Ovation roundtrip out of Seattle

or Radiance one way from Vancouver or Seward.