Mariner 6-8 year old Adventure Club

letusgo

We went on Mariner in April 2005 and my kids loved the Adventure Club. 2 girls 8 & 7 at the time. No need for worry. I did not allow my children to sign themselves out of the club so I knew they were there. Liz

My son has participated in the Pirates parade both in the 3-5 and 6-8 program on 5 different cruises (4 of which were Voyager-class ships, including Mariner). They use a buddy-system where they pair an older child with a younger one and there are plenty of adventure ocean staff supervising. have never heard of anyone having a problem or any complaints.

FYI - there are other occasions when the 6-8 year olds leave the adventure ocean facility...they have a circus in the promenade one sea day, a talent show, and sometimes a backstage tour of the theater. Also, on port days there is supervised lunch in the promenade and an ice cream break in the windjammer. All are well supervised and they take frequent roll call.

When are you going by the way? I'm asking because when we went in early December there were only 300+ kids on board. There were usually around 15 kids in AO when I dropped mine off. I asked about peak times and the staff said when the kids are out of school for breaks they have 1,000 to 1,500 kids. I would hope they have more staff during these times but I don't know. There were always 2 staff members in each age group when we were there.

Archived