Help with Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami

amy2313

Cruising on the Valor in February out of Miami, but we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale the night before. Was hoping someone could help recommend a nice inexpensive hotel either in Ft. Lauderdale, near the port or inbetween the two! Let me know!

We are leaving Sunday on the Valor and staying Saturday night in Miami, right by the pier, we also landed in Fort Lauderdale. I bid on priceline and got the Intercontinental for $80.00 and the Hyatt for $60.00. These are in the downtown area. It is able five minutes to the pier Good luck

We are leaving Sunday on the Valor and staying Saturday night in Miami, right by the pier, we also landed in Fort Lauderdale. I bid on priceline and got the Intercontinental for $80.00 and the Hyatt for $60.00. These are in the downtown area. It is able five minutes to the pier Good luck

I've never used Priceline and my assumption was you never knew what hotel you received until after you paid. Is this not still the case?? B/c this could be a good option to try.

amy, what are your dates?

President's Week is Feb 10-19th and the Miami Int'l Boat show is the 16th-19th and it is citywide.

If you are traveling those dates, you will not find anything cheap in Miami. I highly suggest you look at Ft. Lauderdale.

Amy,

I spent a long time trying to find a reasonable hotel for 2/17 . WE are flying into ft. Lauderdale and leaving from miami and almost did priceline. Everything is booked and what's left is expensive or from reviews awful - try tripadvisor.com for some help and good luck.

Debbie

We're flying the 11th of Jan and back out on the 15th. Many of the hotels are booked with King Tut in town ( hate royalty lol). We're able to get Amerisuites thru valuetrip.com for $99 pre cruise. having trouble with Sat night though. Check out the hotel pre-post board. Also check betterbidding.com for help with priceline and hotwire. Good luck, have a great cruise.

We are going the following week of Presidents Day. Flying in on Feb 25 and sailing on the 26. So after doing some checking hotels are available but they still are pricey that weekend and never having been to that area I get nervous about booking something that might not be the nice.

We booked the Hampton Inn, Hallendale Beach. It's between FLL and Miami.

Read a bunch of reviews on Expedia and photos look nice.

USUALLY, you can't go wrong with a Hampton Inn.

We cashed in Hilton pts for 1 of the nights and had to pay for the second, but the second night cost me $199.00. I thought that was VERY high, but it ended up costing me $100.00 per night after the free night.

I'm very suprised at the high costs of the rooms in FLL.

Last cruise, we got the Radisson in Miami for $35.00

I was up to $85.00 on Priceline in both Miami and FLL this time and NO LUCK.

Go figure.

We've only stayed in one hotel in FLL near the airport, and it was a dump. We were using "frequent stayer" points, otherwise we would have moved hotels that night. So, definitely get a recommendation before you book. There are some good ones, but there are some really bad ones with good names that fool you. The cab driver that picked us up to take us to our dinner reservations asked us how we got stuck in "that dump". Very bad sign! If you do stay in FLL, strongly recommend that you make reservations to visit the Blue Moon Fish Company for dinner. A fabulous restaurant on the Intercoastal Waterways!

I'd suggest going on into Miami, where the action is. We've stayed at the Hyatt and the Radisson through Priceline. And, there is a Holiday Inn that's decent right across the street from Bubba Gump's Shrimp Company, and very near the port!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks everyone for the help - Miami is definitely looking pretty booked even for that last weekend in Feb. and the rooms taht are available the prices are pretty high. We got some prices in Hallendale but I actually wasn't sure where it was until one of you had mentioned it was between FLL and Miami so that might work out best. I'm going to do some investigating on tomorrow on Priceline/Hotwire. Never used those sites before so I'm not familiar with it except that you bid but many of you mentioned finding great deals through it.

Thanks again for the help - I appreciate it!!

Archived