PrePaid Gratuities using MasterCard points

matymil

Has anyone used their Carnival mastercard points to pay for gratuities on a cruise? We did this for our upcoming cruise and I'm starting to get nervous. I ordered it in July and its still not showing up on my acct. I did get a verification email so I know it went through. I'm wondering if Barclays waits until right before your cruise to apply this??

We always do; it never shows on the account buts it’s always been there about a day after we get on the ship.

Did you get a confirmation as soon as you prepaid, I usually bring that just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I did for our B2B this past February. We only ever got a confirmation from MasterCard. We brought that with us just in case, but as soon as we got on board and checked our S&S, everything was perfect.

Enjoy your vacation!

I paid with my points on upcoming cruise and it shows under my billing

ITEMIZED CHARGES

TOTAL

Cruise ChargesCruise Rate$856.00

$856.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses help.gif$140.25

$140.25

Optional ChargesVacation Protection help.gifAdd

$0.00

Prepaid Gratuities$90.65

Remove

$90.65

Total Charges$1,086.90$1,086.90

We used for our Valor Xmas cruise. I took my confirmation with me to be safe.....well we never received anything indicating the gratuities were paid beyond the redemption confirmation. And we were charged on our sail & sign account for gratuities. We went to desk, explained and showed the confirmation. They removed them no problem. However I was and now still am concerned the staff never received gratuities. I checked my card when we got back, it is showing under redemption, but not as complete. Instead it shows as in process. I am not sure what that means, but it shows the cruise they were redeemed for, all info is correct. So......I am watching and will be checking with credit card company.

So it turns out that I only used points to have points pre paid for one person not two...im not sure why this isn't allowed but Barclay said it's not. They told me that "carnival rejected it" back in July but nobody told me. Thank God I looked into this 3 month's before my cruise because the process of getting my 9600 points put back onto my account may take 45 days.

We had this same problem on our last cruise on the Magic back in Nov.When we check in I always look at my sail and sign to look if our on board credits are posted and pre paid tips have been applied.It took four days but Carnival finally agreed that we had pre paid.I just tried to pre pay tips for our next cruise in Feb. but only for myself because I am traveling with my kids ( they can pay there own) and the Barclays site told me that everyone in the cabin had to have their tips prepaid.it only told me this because I tried to pay with points for just one person Barclays never said this back in Nov. when I pre paid for two.The moral of this story keep all your documents that you pre paid.

So it turns out that I only used points to have points pre paid for one person not two...im not sure why this isn't allowed but Barclay said it's not. They told me that "carnival rejected it" back in July but nobody told me. Thank God I looked into this 3 month's before my cruise because the process of getting my 9600 points put back onto my account may take 45 days.

Now I am even more concerned that I screwed up or something didn't process as I thought for our cruise. I thought I picked to redeem for prepaid gratuities for both of us, but really unsure what i did. Barclay is still showing 9600 points redeemed for the pre paid gratuities, however it is still showing as processing. What does that really mean. We are back from our cruise already. I am currently working on a double hotel charge dispute, so have not even attempted to find out about the points.