December 2019 Itineraries?

ToxM

Anyone know when these will be online? I’m trying to talk Marital Unit into a cruise over the festive period in 2019, and we are veering towards an Azamara cruise which takes in an eclipse, but I’d like to see what Oceania has on offer first, but their website doesn’t have anything up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone know when these will be online? I’m trying to talk Marital Unit into a cruise over the festive period in 2019, and we are veering towards an Azamara cruise which takes in an eclipse, but I’d like to see what Oceania has on offer first, but their website doesn’t have anything up!

Just curious. What "festive period" eclipse are you talking about in 2019? There's one that will take place July 2. Cruises with itineraries along the western coast of S. America can see the eclipse off the coast of La Serena, Chile. In addition, cruises in the South Pacific cruise can watch in the waters somewhere between Pitcairn and Rangiroa. However, I wouldn't call July 2 the "festive period." Are you talking about a partial eclipse?

Dec 17th 2019 cruise on Azamara. it’s an annular rather than total.

I went to my favorite eclipse site and discovered that you might get lucky with the sail between Muscat, Oman and Mumbai, India,and catch a total eclipse. Go to the link below, and scan down to the graphic "Path of the eclipse shadow." Play the animated path of the shadow and you'll see a small lozenge form over Oman and track across the open water to India. (The shape changes from lozenge to circle over India.) There is a tiny dot of red within that lozenge. The key explains that red represents totality.

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2019-december-26

Good luck with your viewing. We've had good luck on both land viewings and at sea viewings and I never get tired of the experience!