diamonds international- quick service?

starfamily

I have made purchaes at the Cozumel diamond international stores twice in the past. I purchase an upgraded stone for my ring, leave them the ring and they have it mounted in a few hours for me. I wanted to do this in Barbados again too but did not know if they are able to do one day service like cozumel. I tried emailing the store but it bounced back to me. I don't really want to call all the way to barbados to find out as I am saving my money for the stone :)

anyone have any experience with stone upgrades there?

Sort of.....

Had 1.65 ct diamond and purchased semi-mount at Diamonds Intl on Antigua - 5 minutes before we had to be on the ship :eek:

so........when we got to Barbados after we did private tour went to DI there and they said they could mount it for me in an hour. Ran to cabin on ship and brought mount and stone and voila !!!! an hour later it was all done.

Real nice and professional service. They were extremely busy that afternoon too.... but still treated me like I had bought the mount there.

If I do the turtles in the morning I can be at DI by 1pm and the ship does not leave until 6pm, I want them to pull the 1/2 ct. stone they put in the ring last year and replace it with a 1ct. there are several other stones in the ring (an anniversary band) but the center stone is the largest and should not be too much of a problem to switch out ( we sent from a 1/4 ct to a 1/2) last year. I love their upgrade policy which definately keeps me coming back and loyal! Which DI shop did you use so that I will zip to the fastest one?

did you e-mail to barbados@shopdi.com Thats the e-mail I have for them. they have a shop within the Port Shops. You might be able to drop it there in the morning, before your tour, explain what needs to be done and they should be able to get it to the Bridgetown store (which might be the only one with a jeweler) and get it back to you before the ship leaves.

Let me know about the e-mail and if not, I'll see what I can find out.

When will you be in Barbados??

my husband suggested that I change the turtles to the afternoon, go to the bridgetown store in the morning and pick the ring up before we leave ort. The afternoon turtles are 1:30-4:30 and the ship leaves dock at 6pm I could get the ring to them probably by like 9:30 I would think, I would hate to miss the turtles but I missed out on the ring last month as on our mystery cruise we could not dock at any island that had DI

I would drop it off at the store right at the dock in the morning and pick it up before you get back on ship..... the store is right there. I had to go from there to my cabin on the ship to get stone and ring and back again and it only took my 7-8 minutes.... tops. Of course I was not walking slow but also not running....

That is the one I used and the rasta guy that did all the work for them is really sweet and even called me back into his work room....showed me how he took out 1.65 ct stone from another ring (had to cut it out) and how well it went into new semi mount. Also took another 2 ct ring I had on (bought in New York diamond district) and cleaned it with my new one.

Everyone was very very nice and like I said they were really busy and when new ring was done quite a few of the salesgirls came over to see the "new" ring.

I will definately do business with DI again !!!

Archived