Venice hotels

Phyillbabe

For a small inn like place check out the Ca Doge (right in the Piazale Roma). The Best Western Olimpia is another nearby as is the Santa Chiara. All of these places are popular with cruisers because of the P. Roma (or very nearby) location. You can get to the P. Roma from the airport by using the inexpensive ATVO Express bus. These are the closest hotels to the cruise port with the P. Roma connected via the People Mover or you can always take a land taxi from the P. Roma over the bridge and right into the port.

Hank

For a small inn like place check out the Ca Doge (right in the Piazale Roma). The Best Western Olimpia is another nearby as is the Santa Chiara. All of these places are popular with cruisers because of the P. Roma (or very nearby) location. You can get to the P. Roma from the airport by using the inexpensive ATVO Express bus. These are the closest hotels to the cruise port with the P. Roma connected via the People Mover or you can always take a land taxi from the P. Roma over the bridge and right into the port.

Hank

Hotel Arlecchino is next to BW Olympia. I’ve stayed there and would stay there again. Great location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phyllis as you get recommendations I would then look the recommendations up on trip advisor which is Cruise Critic's sister site.

You can also look for other hotels near the ones recommended on that site.

Venice is lovely and I hope you enjoy it. A very unique city.

Keith

I've stayed at the Best Western Olimpia, and found it to be charming. It's housed in what appears to be a renovated old large residence on a small canal. It is definitely not your typical Best Western! The staff was great and very helpful, the rooms comfortable, and the bathrooms very modern. They offer a very nice breakfast buffet. Another plus is that it has an elevator, which I understand some of these types of hotels do not have

It's close to the Piazzale Roma, where the bus from the airport drops you off and where the People Mover is. The cost to ride the People Mover is 1.5 euros per person each way. and tickets are obtained from machines inside the entrance to the PM. I just used it several weeks ago when the cruise I was on ported in Venice overnight.

When I stayed at the Hotel Olimpia I was boarding a Princess cruise, and once we got off the people mover, Princess had a truck waiting to take our luggage to the ship and a bus to take us to our berth, for those who didn't want to make the longish walk thru the port to it.

Edited by flamomo

We stayed at Casa Rezzonico, which is in the Dorsoduro section of Venice. It took us only 10 minutes to walk to the People Mover and we only had to cross over 3 small bridges. Depending on your luggage and how long you plan to stay in Venice before the cruise, this could be a nice option as it was close to the Academia, many restaurants and cafes, and not for to walk from San Marco. The hotel is very nice, clean, with a lovely breakfast. We found it very comfortable and pleasant.