Hamburg hotel recommendation?

squick64

I've got a cruise leaving from the Altona terminal in Hamburg in August. I'm planning to spend a few nights in Hamburg before the cruise. My main focus is probably the HafenCity area, as my main reason for going is Miniatur Wunderland. I also want to see the harbor, the maritime museum, Elbphilharmonie, stuff like that (although I'm open to other ideas, too).

I'm currently debating hotels. I'd originally been attracted to the 25hours Hotel Hafencity, but there are others. For instance, the Hotel Europäischer Hof is a similar price but includes a highly regarded breakfast buffet (and apparently a free metro pass). I don't normally eat breakfast, but I will if it's good. :) The downside is that I'd have to take the metro every day, whereas the hotels nearer the harbor would presumably allow me to walk everywhere. (On the other hand, it seems like it'd be a short ride and wouldn't be a big deal?) The 25hours Hotel would be handy if my cruise left from the nearby terminal, but it doesn't.

I assume I'll need a cab to the cruise terminal no matter what, even if it's a short ride.

I'd like to spend no more than $150/night if I can.

Any advice would be appreciated! :beer-mug: