Norovirus on Dream

We are joining the Dream on Saturday but lots of reports of severe sickness on board and staff have been cleaning and scrubbing decks. I have contacted Tui to be told there is not an issue at all... Are these lies allowed to be told? How do I report such behaviour?

I understand and accept that I have not travelled and I am acting on hearsay but the amounts of complaints and illness cannot all be wrong or fake.

Would you take your elderly parent on a ship with a "known" health issue?

I know I will get a slating as all previous cruisers of Dream love it however this is more aimed at Thomson than the ship itself. And before anyone says about my "Thomson" name, that is the name on my invoice and the name on my booking so they can call it what they like.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We are joining the Dream on Saturday but lots of reports of severe sickness on board and staff have been cleaning and scrubbing decks. I have contacted Tui to be told there is not an issue at all... Are these lies allowed to be told? How do I report such behaviour?

I understand and accept that I have not travelled and I am acting on hearsay but the amounts of complaints and illness cannot all be wrong or fake.

Would you take your elderly parent on a ship with a "known" health issue?

I know I will get a slating as all previous cruisers of Dream love it however this is more aimed at Thomson than the ship itself. And before anyone says about my "Thomson" name, that is the name on my invoice and the name on my booking so they can call it what they like.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Yes, those porkies will be told, and not just by TUI. For example P&O Ventura has similar problems and I reckon you would not get P&O to admit it!. Of course when a ship has Norovirus there is a deep clean between cruises which may eliminate the problem IF the next set of passengers don't bring the virus aboard with them. There is nothing you can do except cancel but getting the insurance to accept the claim will be very difficult.

It's not the ship it's the passengers particularly those that carry the virus but don't have symptoms and they DONT use the sanitizers or wash their hands regularly I have repeatedly seen passengers ignoring the sanitizers and it doesn't get enforced until there are a number of passengers with it and then the staff have to wear gloves and serve in the buffet which slows service considerably No ship has to report norovirus on board until a large percentage are struck down Sone ships are then not allowed into port.

Boots now have in stock virus hand protection foam in large and handbag size I never cruise without it I also spray the seat arm on the plane the food tray and especially the screen as soon as I get on board the plane and never touch the handrails on the stairs on the ship If I do I use my spray and after touching the lift buttons - so far so good very effective