Dress Code in Spa on Viking Sea

Katysmom

Is there a "dress code" or undress code in the spa on the Viking Sea or other Viking ocean ships? We embark on the Sea this weekend. As Americans, we were on Celebrity Infinity a couple of years ago and encountered some disgruntled Europeans who thought that wearing a swim suit or other attire in the spa was abhorrent. We are not prudes, but don't use these public spaces to go commando. We love the sauna and other hot/cold spaces onboard for relaxing. Just don't know what is expected on the Viking ships. Any thoughts?

When we enjoyed the spa on the Star, in the public area most people had swim attire on, a lot had on robes over those - no one was ‘au-natural’ if that is what you were asking. Can’t say of that is always the case., but I have not heard otherwise....I actually do not recall anyone asking before....

On our Homelands cruise last May everyone had swim suits on in pool, sauna, snow room and hot tub. As I did do a massage one day I wore my street clothes, the attendant was in the changing room to get slippers/robe and show how lockers worked. People changed after taking showers in locker room but in common areas everyone wore bathing suits in the spa area.

PS take advantage of the salt water pool in the spa area, it's wonderful.

Swimsuits in the spa pool, sauna, ice grotto, ice water bucket. However, in the locker rooms expect to see people changing from their street clothing into swimsuits in front of you as there aren't individual spaces/cubicles. No big deal really.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app