FLL to Miami hotel: No "after 3:00 p.m." shuttles?

Momsez

Looking at some of the shuttles from FLL to Miami (downtown) several say there are no services available after 3:00, except for a much-more-expensive ride. Our flight gets in at 2:30, so that would be pushing it. Any advice?

We're thinking of renting a car, but don't know the best company to use for a same-day return in downtown Miami (Holiday Inn Express).

Thanks for any help on this.

Well, if you're going to rent a car, that both opens up your hotel possibilities and - if you keep it until the next day, no reason not to, the cost will be the same - gives you a ride to the port. If it were me, I'd be renting the car, staying somewhere between Fort Lauderdale and Miami (almost certainly cheaper than downtown Miami), and returning the car the next day, using their shuttle to get to the port. Searching the board, here is a recent thread with a very good summary of the various rental companies: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2553188&highlight=miami+car+rental+shuttle

We are going to use uber. Rate is around $35. No need to rent a car for the short ride to Miami.

We too don't want to book a shuttle when, if delayed, we'll pay $100 after 3. Might as well book a limo for that rate.;)

As suggested above, UberX or Lyft - good for 2-3 passengers and bags - for about $35 for the car is a good option; taxi on the same run will be closer to $70 :eek:

Your other option is to stay in the FLL area and then use the shuttles to get to POM the next morning - http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

As suggested above, UberX or Lyft - good for 2-3 passengers and bags - for about $35 for the car is a good option; taxi on the same run will be closer to $70 :eek:

Your other option is to stay in the FLL area and then use the shuttles to get to POM the next morning - www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

JohinDC - you mention using "the shuttles" to get to POM the next morning; would you happen to know which would be best suited for eight (8) traveling from a Dania Beach hotel (Dania Beach is situated between FLL and Miami - approx. 23 miles from the POM). I found one (QLS Xportation) that quoted us 145 each way without tip. I have been told that we should be able to find something cheaper, but I have no clue where to begin - we are Uber, Lift, etc. virgins (so much so that I just had to ask my kid the names of the companies as I didn't know them!

Any help and information is greatly appreciated! Vince5251

JohinDC - you mention using "the shuttles" to get to POM the next morning; would you happen to know which would be best suited for eight (8) traveling from a Dania Beach hotel (Dania Beach is situated between FLL and Miami - approx. 23 miles from the POM). I found one (QLS Xportation) that quoted us 145 each way without tip. I have been told that we should be able to find something cheaper, but I have no clue where to begin - we are Uber, Lift, etc. virgins (so much so that I just had to ask my kid the names of the companies as I didn't know them!

Any help and information is greatly appreciated! Vince5251

Check SAS. Their rate is $15 per person( $13 for five or more) if they serve your hotel. Their website has a list of hotels they pick up from.

Www.ridesas.com

You may also want to recheck the,quote from QLS. Their website shows a rate of $12.50 per person for 8 people if your hotel is on their list.

Www.qualitylimoservice.com

Edited by swedish weave

QLS, SAS, MJS, Go Airport and a few others are often suggested on these boards - shop around. You could also look at splitting your group up and using 3 UberX cars -- total fare for all three cars should be under $100