Magic balcony deck 6 mid ship review/advise needed please

Moonlighting

I have searched for hours and can’t find a review for this. I have a room on hold until tonight. I have a free upgrade to deck 8 but not midship. This is the hardest decision. Carnival said room 6414 is over the picture area on Deck 5 so not noisy.

I have searched for hours and can’t find a review for this. I have a room on hold until tonight. I have a free upgrade to deck 8 but not midship. This is the hardest decision. Carnival said room 6414 is over the picture area on Deck 5 so not noisy.

What cabin on 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would take deck 8 for 2 reasons. There are no public areas directly above or below - only staterooms so noise should not be an issue. The other reason would be that I don't think that the deck 6 balconies offer as much privacy. I like to sit out on the balcony in my jammies or leave the curtains open. I would not feel as comfortable doing so on deck 6 as it is easier to see the deck six balconies from the public areas of deck 5.

I wouldn't book any Magic, Breeze or Dream balcony on deck six, unless it was a really really great deal. The proximity to deck 5, open all the way around, is just too close.

However, being mid ship isn't important to me. I prefer cabins above and below me, except for extended aft balconies.

We enjoyed our Magic cruises. She is a nice ship.

6414 is right above the entrance to the dance club and the Red Frog Pub.

I would take deck 8 for 2 reasons. There are no public areas directly above or below - only staterooms so noise should not be an issue. The other reason would be that I don't think that the deck 6 balconies offer as much privacy. I like to sit out on the balcony in my jammies or leave the curtains open. I would not feel as comfortable doing so on deck 6 as it is easier to see the deck six balconies from the public areas of deck 5.

This is a fallacy... You cannot look up into Balconies above Promenade deck unless #1 your over 10' tall and #2 you lean against the railing making a true effort to look up above. The same holds true on the Vista. When I was on Vista....I made a note to see if their was a privacy issue when I walked the Promenade deck outside. I couldn't see anything as a matter of fact the bottom of the balcony wasn't even at eye sight.

This is a fallacy... You cannot look up into Balconies above Promenade deck unless #1 your over 10' tall and #2 you lean against the railing making a true effort to look up above. The same holds true on the Vista. When I was on Vista....I made a note to see if their was a privacy issue when I walked the Promenade deck outside. I couldn't see anything as a matter of fact the bottom of the balcony wasn't even at eye sight.

Sorry, only 5'5":) I have not been on the Magic yet (plan to in March) but have been on the Breeze & Dream. I spent a lot of time on deck 5 and would never pick deck 6 as my first choice - I know what I saw and the deck 6 balconies did not offer enough privacy for me. In addition, there are a lot of high traffic areas on the Promenade deck that could make for a less than serene atmosphere. Most of my balcony time is spent in the morning or evening when I just want to relax and stand at the rail in my robe watching water or sitting with coffee.

Have you sailed on Dream class? In the areas where the lanai is its widest it is very easy to look up at deck 6&7 balconies. I have not sailed Vista, so maybe it's different.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having sailed Dream, Magic, Breeze twice, and Vista, I can say for sure that we could see into the balcony cabins on deck 6 as we walked the Lanai, deck 5. Many people left lights on and curtains open so we had views of what they were doing if they were in their cabins, especially at night.

Having sailed Dream, Magic, Breeze twice, and Vista, I can say for sure that we could see into the balcony cabins on deck 6 as we walked the Lanai, deck 5. Many people left lights on and curtains open so we had views of what they were doing if they were in their cabins, especially at night.

I have to politely disagree with you. Ive been on Breeze and Vista and specifically ...while walking on the promenade deck looked up to see if I could see anything and other than seeing bottom glass ....I saw nothing.