10:55am flight out of Fll off of Seaside in miami

toxicfairy

OK sorry to hear about the rush back to reality, if yo move swiftly, you will make your 10am MIA flight. There are lots of posts here about cruisers that that have made those flights.

Cheers.

Yep I am one of those...and have done it few times. But we have global entry / tsa pre-check and quickly got through security. Honestly, they were stressful. I kept telling myself after each time I won't do it again, but then I go do it again. LOL.

I really wanted a later time but spending $600 more just to leave 3 hours later seemed a bit much. Lol especially after spend $1500 on 4 drink packages😶. Step daughter turns 21 on July 3 and we cruise on July 14. We all have to get the same package...Happy birthday spoiled one...haha.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I really wanted a later time but spending $600 more just to leave 3 hours later seemed a bit much. Lol especially after spend $1500 on 4 drink packages😶. Step daughter turns 21 on July 3 and we cruise on July 14. We all have to get the same package...Happy birthday spoiled one...haha.

Oh I would be thinking the same. Although...$1500 for the drink packages...wow! That's a cruise price!!! lol. Didn't hit me until I saw you write that out. You are one nice and generous mother/stepmother!

Here's to a great time!

Oh I would be thinking the same. Although...$1500 for the drink packages...wow! That's a cruise price!!! lol. Didn't hit me until I saw you write that out. You are one nice and generous mother/stepmother!

Here's to a great time!

No hubby wanted the deluxe or what ever it is called so we all have to get it. Step daughter is a good kid and it will be first vacation she can drink. Me and my Daughter (who will turn 26 on July8) don't really drink alcohol except a drink here or there on the rare occasion. But even though it is way too much it also is peace of mind that I won't come home to a huge credit card bill. Don't have to hear oh I didn't know i couldn't drink a water ( soda ect) from the mini bar...or oh I didn't realize the milk shakes cost that much. So I paid now and can relax later.

Me and my Daughter (who will turn 26 on July8) don't really drink alcohol except a drink here or there on the rare occasion.... So I paid now and can relax later.

In case you did not know, the deluxe package includes all of the specialty coffees including the espresso with 3 pralines, which is what they call the Venchi chocolate pieces. If you ordered them a la carte, it would cost you 4.00, but ordering them as a combo with an espresso, they're included. Thought you might want to know. ;) The chocolate martinis are also included in the deluxe package as well.

In case you did not know, the deluxe package includes all of the specialty coffees including the espresso with 3 pralines, which is what they call the Venchi chocolate pieces. If you ordered them a la carte, it would cost you 4.00, but ordering them as a combo with an espresso, they're included. Thought you might want to know. ;) The chocolate martinis are also included in the deluxe package as well.

Thank you. I'm not a coffee drinker either but my husband is. But that sounds really good.

I just keep coming back to my initial thought when I saw this thread--airlines ask you to be at the airport two hours before your flight. For our December 31 flight out of JFK, there was no TSA pre-check available. Thinking good thoughts and hoping for a successful return home!

No worries Mate! The Lady has the "Deluxe Drink" package, if well utilized, she will never have a chance to stress about anything on the cruise, let alone a silly flight back home.

Cheers.

I just keep coming back to my initial thought when I saw this thread--airlines ask you to be at the airport two hours before your flight. For our December 31 flight out of JFK, there was no TSA pre-check available. Thinking good thoughts and hoping for a successful return home!

I thought 1055am maybe doable. But I was nervous when I saw 10am.

toxicfairy - check out the delta credit card benefits...do they have something in case of a missed flights? Just a thought.

Sending positive thoughts!

No worries Mate! The Lady has the "Deluxe Drink" package, if well utilized, she will never have a chance to stress about anything on the cruise, let alone a silly flight back home.

Cheers.

Unfortunately I will be the one least utilizing the drink package in that manner haha. I am going to talk to someone once on board. We are not in YC and have too many pieces of luggage to do self what ever it is called. But we booked a suite ( not grand) with fantastica hopefully we can explain we have an early flight and get a low number to get off the ship early enough. I'll also keep an eye on the Delta site and see if a later flight drops in price .

Unfortunately I will be the one least utilizing the drink package in that manner haha. I am going to talk to someone once on board. We are not in YC and have too many pieces of luggage to do self what ever it is called. But we booked a suite ( not grand) with fantastica hopefully we can explain we have an early flight and get a low number to get off the ship early enough. I'll also keep an eye on the Delta site and see if a later flight drops in price .

Your tickets are bought. Don't stress...just plan your contingencies so you have those in case you need it.

BTW , just curious, if the price drops on Delta, can you rebook without a fee?

Also, are you aware of a service where the cruise line takes your bags directly to the airport and check them in? I know other cruiselines I have been on offer that service, but not sure if MSC does.

We're doing 11:45am out of FLL. I checked to see what other ships are in port, no behemoths. Unless we get unlucky and they can't allow us to disembark, then we should be fine. Can't plan for every what if and I didn't feel like booking a later flight with a high probability of having to sit around and wait in an airport with a baby for half a day.

We're doing 11:45am out of FLL. I checked to see what other ships are in port, no behemoths. Unless we get unlucky and they can't allow us to disembark, then we should be fine. Can't plan for every what if and I didn't feel like booking a later flight with a high probability of having to sit around and wait in an airport with a baby for half a day.

I think 1145am is fine.

You might consider packing a LOT less stuff. The chances of you making that 10 am MIA flight without doing walk off AND having to check bags at MIA is going to be really challenging.

I just remembered that higher Voyagers Club member levels have preferential leave the ship times. Are you Black Label level?, that may help you leave early.

Cheers.

I just remembered that higher Voyagers Club member levels have preferential leave the ship times. Are you Black Label level?, that may help you leave early.

Cheers.

No I matched as gold...BUT...I managed to switch this morning to a 1:15 flight for only $204 more😁

LOL. You are amazing. You just keep adjusting as circumstances dictate actions to take.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Cheers.

Thank you! Well the price was $600 more ( for the later flights home) when i originally booked. $400 as of last night but it dropped this morning to $204 more ( that's total over what i originally paid for all 4 of us) I jumped on it because I know it will go back up by the time I leave work today😉. We've had to run through the airport once before .... all 4 of us each pulling 2 suitcases lol. It is doable but not disireable!

No I matched as gold...BUT...I managed to switch this morning to a 1:15 flight for only $204 more😁

Awesome!! Much more relieved for you. You can now leisurely get off the ship.

I am curious, is there a trick you know about changing flights without incurring a change fee? :-)