Independence of the Seas 17th May 2018

cublet

• 3 weeks later...
Yes myself and partner will be onboard [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello and welcome to my small (but perfectly formed) thread.

As you probably know RCI does not arrange Meet & Mingle get togethers for cruises of fewer than 7 days though there is usually a postcard on the community notice board at Guest Relations.

Speak soon.

Regards,

Cublet

• 5 weeks later...
Hey!

Myself and my partner Jimmy will be onboard :)

Hello,

There's usually a signboard by Guest Relations advertising FOD meetings. In the past they have usually been in either the Champagne Bar (now R Bar) or nightclub (soon to be someone's stateroom). But of course we can arrange anything we like ourselves. Do you have a preference?

Regards,

Cublet

That's one of my biggest gripes with RCCL at the moment - removing ALL OF THE NIGHTCLUBS. How can they justify having a youth orientated brand and stripping out nightclubs? Sigh.

Champagne bar works for me, otherwise I'm pretty fond of the Viking Crown bars.

That's one of my biggest gripes with RCCL at the moment - removing ALL OF THE NIGHTCLUBS. How can they justify having a youth orientated brand and stripping out nightclubs? Sigh.

Champagne bar works for me, otherwise I'm pretty fond of the Viking Crown bars.

Hello,

I think the 'problem' with the nightclubs as far as RCI was concerned is that after 'late' the sole clientele were chiefly the non-staff entertainers/musicians that met there to be social and not to drink. I cannot remember what the curfew age is but I think some that would have wanted to be there shouldn't have been allowed there.

Regards,

Cublet

Eh, the other cruise lines - including RCCL sister line, Celebrity, find a way of making it work. I think it's sadly just down to penny pinching as cabins make more money than a night club. *shrug*

Yes all down to money.. they have just about survived on Oasis class!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys my partner and i have just booked this cruise, would be good to meet up with you all for a cocktail or two for sure

Hi there and welcome onboard! I nearly upgraded to a suite today but decided I couldn’t justify for such a short cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Pete and Mike, we only booked this cruise the other week and a Junior Suite was only about £80 more than a balcony so i thought what the hell, at least the double cruise points will come in handy.

We've cruised on the Liberty but not on Independence of the Seas, so looking forward to it have to say. and its only the second time we've cruised from Southampton, makes a really nice change not having to worry about flights as well

Hi Pete and Mike, we only booked this cruise the other week and a Junior Suite was only about £80 more than a balcony so i thought what the hell, at least the double cruise points will come in handy.

We've cruised on the Liberty but not on Independence of the Seas, so looking forward to it have to say. and its only the second time we've cruised from Southampton, makes a really nice change not having to worry about flights as well

It will be our 4th cruise on Independence, it’s a great ship but will be interesting to see how it changes after the refit.

Hello,

I was thinking about a JS but then thought I wouldn't be carrying enough clothes for three nights to make the walk-in wardrobe worth the extra money.

I might carry a wreath to put outside where the Concierge Club used to be.:loudcry:

Regards,

Cublet

Hey guys my partner and i have just booked this cruise, would be good to meet up with you all for a cocktail or two for sure

Hello,

Cocktail or two??

I'm with Ernest Hemingway who said "One Martini's enough, two Martinis are too many, three Martinis are not enough". I'll drink to that.

Regards,

Cublet

• 1 month later...
Awesome news. Middle night I assume?

Hello,

The email said the day was at the ship's discretion but I think any night other than the middle one would not be practical. Having said that, I cannot remember when or with whom, but on one cruise the last night was Formal - and I'll bet the bar takings fell as a result.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

I see from the new deck plans that the Champagne Bar is still the Champagne Bar so can I suggest we meet there immediately after the muster drill?

Regards,

Cublet