How far is Harrison’s Cave from cruise port?

Leslie K

Thinking of independently doing a tram tour of Harrison’s Cave. How far is it from the port? Does anyone know if it’s possible to arrange transportation at the port to get to/from the caves?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure how easy it would be to do on your own. Maybe take a taxi. We did the ship tour and really enjoyed it. We usually try to do independent tours too, but this was good. It might have taken 1/2 hour to get there. Maybe someone else will know better that have been there recently. When I researched before it sounded like they take the cruise tour people first, so that is partly why we went with the cruise.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to do on your own. Maybe take a taxi. We did the ship tour and really enjoyed it. We usually try to do independent tours too, but this was good. It might have taken 1/2 hour to get there. Maybe someone else will know better that have been there recently. When I researched before it sounded like they take the cruise tour people first, so that is partly why we went with the cruise.

Was the ships tour walking or tram? I didn't know there was a tram option until I explored the caves' website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

We went on our own. We shared a taxi/van with another couple from the ship. Got the taxi from outside the port gates.....far cheaper, no aggressive taxi vendors like inside the port. The taxi guy stayed with us the entire time and brought all four of us back. Very easy to do on your own. Once you get there they take you in a tram/trolley inside the cave. They stop for pictures, you can choose to get out or stay in the trolley.

It is not easy to get a taxi back from there so arrange a return time with your taxi. Our guy just stayed there. The taxi was a nice van, air conditioned and very comfortable.