South Shore Zip Lining

Houstonmom1

We have friends who just went to South Shore zip line (they booked through their cruise) and liked it. Has anyone booked directly with them? Do you recommend a package with beach stop? Is there a weight requirement (my 10 year old is not yet 60 pounds). Is it scary for novice zippers? Any info and tips are appreciated, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We loved this excursion! Can't provide any info about booking directly, as we booked through the ship, but hopefully someone else can chime in for you.

There was a minimum age (4 yrs) and maximum weight (250 lbs), but I didn't see a minimum weight requirement. There was a child in our group (probably around 10 yrs old) who didn't weigh enough to get all the way across on his own, so the guide zipped tandem with him for every single run. I am afraid of heights, so I was pretty nervous going in. The first run is shorter, and not too high off the ground, so it gives you time to get familiar with the mechanics of braking, sitting up, and not twisting. After the first run, you'll be good to go, and you can enjoy the remaining 10 runs. One tip - if the guides tell you not to brake, believe them, and don't brake! Otherwise, you'll get stuck in the middle and they'll have to come get you.

I would say go for it! It was the highlight of our cruise.