Excursions Caribbean

CoSec

1. On Odyssey Sept 2015 we were told we could not get credit card refunded excursion funds, they had to go to add on to OBC on the ship which we already had plenty of. On the Quest in 2016 and 2017 we could. Unclear why it goes back and forth.

2. What kind of excursions are available in Caribbean for people who neither snorkel nor swim nor sunbathe? We have mostly avoided that area because the focus is on those activities, though as seasoned cruisers we should probably check it out at some point. DH does not swim and we both have to avoid prolonged sunbaking for medical reasons.

My recommendation (having just come back from 22 days on the Odyssey) is to get off the ship or tender and there are many, many vans willing to do any kind of sightseeing tour. They will match you with another couple or just take you alone. That way you can see what you want without being in a larger crowd. The vans are comfortable and air conditioned. You can haggle for a price and it always turns out to be half of an excursion.

We left the Odyssey two weeks ago. I had pre-paid for two excursions. Once onboard, I requested that the excursions be credited back to my card. I was told that it is done automatically and there was no need to cancel and rebook the excursions. I was informed that the non-refundable shipboard credit would be used first and we would see a credit of the excursions. We certainly did. $516.00 went back on my credit card on the final cruise day. We did enjoy the excursions on a few islands as those island were not easy to do on our own.

We did excursions in Guadeloupe, Santo Domingo and Antigua. We had sailed to Guadeloupe and Santo Domingo years ago. Prior to this sailing, we had done our own thing on those two islands. We were happy to take those excursion s on our SB cruise as we really saw so much more of the Islands on the excursion than we did on our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums