How do you communicate with family members on the ship?

I would just get the internet package and tell them to get it also. I am surprised if they don't want it being that they are in their 20's (I have 5 children ages 15 to 27 and can't imagine them with internet access for 5 minutes - but I digress). This way you can email them where you are and vice versa. It is how I found my husband during a transatlantic when I was up and running around at 6am and he was sleeping in. Plus it's a great way to research places or just keep up with the world or whatever. Beats playing bingo.

I think a break from the internet and social media will be great for her. Her brother doesn’t even want the internet. I am not paying all that money just to have internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Specific to Anthem, how reliable is texting/calling using VOOM?

We last sailed 2 years ago, and I recall the Royal IQ texting was really hit or miss, not reliable at all. I don't think they had VOOM back then, or at least we didn't purchase it.

Also, how does one call over wifi and can it be done on an old iPhone that no longer has phone service? I'll be sailing with my 11 year old who doesn't have a phone, and I'm looking for reliable ways we can be in contact at a moments notice, if she isn't with us. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specific to Anthem, how reliable is texting/calling using VOOM?

Also, how does one call over wifi and can it be done on an old iPhone that no longer has phone service? I'll be sailing with my 11 year old who doesn't have a phone, and I'm looking for reliable ways we can be in contact at a moments notice, if she isn't with us.

Can't speak to Anthem, but I am guessing same as Oasis and Allure. We found Voom very reliable to text on or off ship, along with EMail, voice calling, and FaceTime.

The old iPhone should work just like at home via WiFi. It should most certainly text. It might not do WiFi voice calling. Check the settings and see if you can do it at home.