Planning a little surprise for wife

katmike

Cruising in 2 weeks in the Dream and still managing to keep this a secret.

My wife's sister and her husband booked a room on this cruise also. My wife had always wanted to cruise with them so I got them to come but told them to keep it a surprise.

So.... the plan is to place our room key in the mailbox (for them) before muster and hope they can beat us back to our cabin after muster.... where hopefully they'll have a bottle of champagne ready on the balcony.

Just curious if my room key is required to scan for muster or can they just use my wife's?

Edited by katmike

According to Carnival, everyone has to have their own card.

The guest will need to have the Sail & Sign card in hand during the Safety Briefing.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1200/~/safety-briefing---muster-station-drill

Although why wait until after muster? I would think that would create a huge chance of possibly running into them? Because muster is usually right before sailaway. I would try to plan something before muster, then you can enjoy the trip even sooner. :) Maybe once you know they have boarded and you are in your cabin, have them bring the champagne and knock on your door announcing room service. :p

What a great idea. Why not have them meet you at dinner? Make sure they are seated first and when you arrive say you wish to be seated with another couple(speak with the maitre d beforehand) what a great surprise to walk into dinner and see her sis!

Or "accidently" walk to the wrong cabin and when you knock at the door-surprise- it's sis and a bottle of wine inside!